Fire Emblem Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fire Emblem Genesis

screw playing, i want to argue about it on the internet

You are not connected. Please login or register

Put Ymir, Katua, Paola, Arran, and Samson back on the list

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Vykan12

Vykan12

Spoiler:

Bottom line, you don't count a character's recruitment requirements against them, and even if you did, the notion of removing playable characters from a tier list is absurd. Now I'm not clear on what exact tiering system is employed here, but as far as I can tell, if you do count recruitment against someone, it's simply a negative factor they have to overcome. If they don't, that will be reflected in whatever their crappy ranking is (presumably lower mid to bottom).

CAT5

Well in this case, it's a completely insurmountable obstacle for the units in question. Even if they joined automatically they would still be incapable of doing anything before the game was over, and it would still be very difficult or impossible to work out some way of actually tiering them (other than to just throw them in bottom). Notice that no one said Palla or Catria couldn't be recruited, but they were still among the ones removed from the list; it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with recruitment costs.

"All bottom tier with no chance of redemption, case closed" is not much different from not existing, in both cases there is nothing to discuss about the unit and they have no effect on gameplay or turncount. So I can't say that I disagree with FE3's decision there.

Although I do agree maybe he should've said something first. Speaking of which, this leads me to question why tier lists get to be under the authority of whoever happens to create the tier list topic. I don't like the idea of just arbitrarily giving one person more power over the list than others, and this is an example of why.

Interceptor

Interceptor

Do people really have such a problem with sending PMs for this sort of thing?

Regarding authority, it's not really arbitrary, this is Mekkah's house and he anoints the tier list guardians as such.

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

Rody was just trolling so meh. Let's see where our ship lands first.

https://fegenesis.forummotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum