Fire Emblem Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fire Emblem Genesis

screw playing, i want to argue about it on the internet

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bantu vs. Linde

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bantu vs. Linde Empty Bantu vs. Linde Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:18 pm

FE3_Player

FE3_Player

Both of these guys suck, obviously.

However, I'd like some opinions from others before actually making a change, with Linde being the one advocated for the rise. I am mostly arguing against points made and not for either particular character.

What Linde has going for her is a 20 Mt tome that one other character wants, and the ability to improve with trouble.

Bantu's utility actually isn't that great, I discovered, him getting 3HKO's on his opening chapter (on top of already having trouble reaching front lines), and then getting 2HKO'd the upcoming chapter, and doing poor damage per hit with no chance of doubling.

2Bantu vs. Linde Empty Re: Bantu vs. Linde Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:29 pm

sPortsman

sPortsman

I just want to clarify that Linde really needs to be Cleric because she cannot be fighting at all due to how long she gets one shotted. So she doesn't even really have Aura utility until she promotes, at which point she's "just another character", really. Bantu at least serves as a good weakener for a while, he sticks out more during the period he's actually useful.

I mean, we've always assumed Cleric Linde whenever discussing her, Haven't we?

But besides all this mage Linde is completely screwed once Aura runs out, she's stuck not doubling with pussy damage. So IMO Cleric is basically a necessity.

3Bantu vs. Linde Empty Re: Bantu vs. Linde Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:05 am

IOS

IOS

Not to mention that Linde isn't 100% entitled to Aura, considering that Shiida basically needs it to ORKO high HP Paladins/Draco Knights/Generals

4Bantu vs. Linde Empty Re: Bantu vs. Linde Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:55 am

sPortsman

sPortsman

She can't get by with Bolganone?

5Bantu vs. Linde Empty Re: Bantu vs. Linde Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:44 pm

IOS

IOS

Not quite. Paladins in C18 for example reach HP levels of 44-45, with 5 res. She needs 15-16 Magic to ORKO with Bolganone, and even 20/20 Shiida can't reach that number without a spirit dust. Even with a spirit dust, she's not reaching 15 Magic until around 20/15.

6Bantu vs. Linde Empty Re: Bantu vs. Linde Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 pm

sPortsman

sPortsman

Well, Tome rank does give 1-2 extra point of ATK, that +Spirit Dust may put her in range [im too lazy to check actual stats, honestly im just nitpicking]

7Bantu vs. Linde Empty Re: Bantu vs. Linde Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:29 pm

IOS

IOS

Right, I did forget about tome rank which puts her in that range if she has a Spirit Dust at 20/1 (assuming A tomes). Without a Spirit Dust, she isn't reaching 13-14 Magic until 20/7-20/11. Which is a bit unrealistic for Chapter 18. It all depends if she gets that Spirit Dust.

8Bantu vs. Linde Empty Re: Bantu vs. Linde Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:33 pm

sPortsman

sPortsman

Eh...it depends on when she promotes. If at 10 or 12, it's not that unrealistic, Sages gain levels really fast in this game due to staves [Mends start healing 11 EXP for promoted lvl 1 units] so it's not out of the question.

But we're drifting off topic with trivial shit. Even if Linde does get Aura, she's basically worthless once it's uses run out until she promotes.After that, Sage's fast levelling speed may save her a little, but it took her WAY too long just to be worth anything. Bantu just joins and he's ready to hit some haymakers.

9Bantu vs. Linde Empty Re: Bantu vs. Linde Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:40 pm

FE3_Player

FE3_Player

I've decided to leave Bantu above Linde, but it looks like there's still room for discussion concerning what Linde can and cannot do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum