Fire Emblem Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fire Emblem Genesis

screw playing, i want to argue about it on the internet

You are not connected. Please login or register

Round 1 Voting

+10
cheetah7071
Brighton
Seven Deadly Sins
FE3_Player
IOS
dondon151
Allan Aokage
ChaosNinji
sPortsman
Mekkah
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Round 1 Voting Empty Round 1 Voting Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:06 am

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

Voting will be done by reply rather than poll. You can only vote for one unit.

Best unit in the game?

Marcus
Raven
Priscilla
Oswin
Serra
Hector
Ninian/Nils
Matthew

https://fegenesis.forummotion.com

2Round 1 Voting Empty Re: Round 1 Voting Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:46 am

sPortsman

sPortsman

Marcus

3Round 1 Voting Empty Re: Round 1 Voting Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:46 am

ChaosNinji

ChaosNinji

Marcus.

4Round 1 Voting Empty Re: Round 1 Voting Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:05 am

Allan Aokage

Oswin.

5Round 1 Voting Empty Re: Round 1 Voting Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:21 am

dondon151

Marcus!

6Round 1 Voting Empty Re: Round 1 Voting Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:30 am

IOS

IOS

Marcus

7Round 1 Voting Empty Re: Round 1 Voting Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:31 am

FE3_Player

FE3_Player

Oswin.

8Round 1 Voting Empty Re: Round 1 Voting Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:36 am

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

Allan Aokage wrote:Oswin.

people i have no idea about who they are have to provide reasoning

9Round 1 Voting Empty Re: Round 1 Voting Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:49 am

Seven Deadly Sins

Marcus, easy.

High MOV, early weapon levels (A Lance / A Sword / B Axe? Yes please), and stats that will be passable for a long time make Marcus a solid unit. Combine that with the fact that he's fucking great during the part of the game where you need a clutch unit the most, and he is easily the best unit in the game for a long time after he joins.

He only starts falling off after your other guys start promoting, and even then, he still isn't going to be bad given his great bases. Growths leave something to be desired, but that's not why we use Jeigans, is it?

Of course, he gets stomped lategame. Sain, Kent, and Lowen are all going to be raping him once they promote and get some levels, but FE7 Marcus isn't just getting lolbenched like in FE6. He's still got enough fight left in him to be worth using to fill a slot, especially if you want to use high-rank weapons for WTA (being able to use all Silver weapons is tough even if they promote, let alone getting A rank in all three).

10Round 1 Voting Empty Re: Round 1 Voting Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:56 pm

Allan Aokage

Mekkah wrote:people i have no idea about who they are have to provide reasoning
If you say so.

He starts with a B in lances, so he is a single weapon rank (so, sixty swings of his default Iron Lance/Javelin, if he doesn't kill anyone. Which is unlikely) from being able to use Marcus' Silver Lance (not that it means much). Statistically speaking, he starts with 28HP/14Def, so he's better off defensively then base Marcus (3Def > 3HP). He begins with 14Con, so no Lance will ever weigh him down (although he'll never really double anyway); he'll have 20Atk (with the Iron Lance) or 19Atk (using the Javelin), not counting enemies. And that's just from his base. As such, he'll have a strong early game since you can (if I recall, since I haven't played HHM in a while) throw him at the enemies in Ch13/14 without a possibility of him being KO'd unless he goes after Erik directly; in which case, Hector with the Wolf Beil would probably prefer to have a chip at him (doesn't he drop his Silver Lance? Oswin would like that as soon as possible, which should be soon... not like he really needs it.)

He doesn't really need supports, but the only one he'd really want is one with Hector, as they have a very similar role. He has anima, which everyone would like.

Upon promotions, he gains axes and has a mighty 42HP/21Def/9Res (assuming one is rounding with normal mathematic technique). In short, he'll sit through just about any physical attacking enemy, with using a Vulenary occasionally. He starts with an E (?) in Axes, but he can get by fine just using an Iron Axe.

Not exactly an in-depth representation of why I prefer him over the other options, but I'm kinda in a hurry at the moment and I'm not particularly brilliant at debating Blazing Sword.

11Round 1 Voting Empty Re: Round 1 Voting Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:17 pm

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

Thanks. I was just checking if you weren't a spambot, I got one of those earlier today.

12Round 1 Voting Empty Re: Round 1 Voting Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:23 pm

dondon151

By the way, if we get to a highly contested spot on the tier list, will we have to post arguments, or would it still be straight-out voting?

13Round 1 Voting Empty Re: Round 1 Voting Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:37 pm

Brighton

Oswin,
Reason: similar to posted above and doesn't quite get outclassed in his role ever. His bases make him invincible early on and enemies are slow so he won't get doubled. Its ok to use him early on without stealing exp from your other units >.<, too.

BTW a question: does this imply there will be 44 rounds of votes for each spot?

14Round 1 Voting Empty Re: Round 1 Voting Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:06 pm

cheetah7071

Oswin. Never believed the FE7 Marcus hype for top position, and the other people I'd consider (Raven, Priscilla) have slightly rockier starts than Oswin.

15Round 1 Voting Empty Re: Round 1 Voting Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:57 pm

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

dondon151 wrote:By the way, if we get to a highly contested spot on the tier list, will we have to post arguments, or would it still be straight-out voting?

Nah, arguments are not the point of this experiment.

Also, my vote is for Marcus.

Vote tally:

Marcus:
1. bblader
2. Ninji
3. dondon
4. IOS
5. SDS
6. Mekkah

Oswin:
1. Allan Aokage
2. Rody
3. cheetah

16Round 1 Voting Empty Re: Round 1 Voting Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:03 pm

Weapons of Mass Construct

Weapons of Mass Construct

Marcus.

Why?

He's Marcus.

17Round 1 Voting Empty Re: Round 1 Voting Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:27 pm

CAT5

Hector

18Round 1 Voting Empty Re: Round 1 Voting Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:34 pm

Red Fox of Fire

Red Fox of Fire

It's already a landslide victory. Marcus.

19Round 1 Voting Empty Re: Round 1 Voting Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:25 pm

Colonel M

Colonel M

Me.

A.k.a. Marcus.

Osbourne is bloody close to nabbing my vote, but Marcus is definitely better.

20Round 1 Voting Empty Re: Round 1 Voting Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:15 am

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

Marcus it is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum