Fire Emblem Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fire Emblem Genesis

screw playing, i want to argue about it on the internet

You are not connected. Please login or register

Book 2: Wendel > Minerva

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Book 2: Wendel > Minerva Empty Book 2: Wendel > Minerva Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:58 pm

Colonel M

Colonel M

Wendel has many advantages:

- Actual 2 range
- Staves
- Effective Mt vs. Dragons

Minerva has to fight over the Wyrmslayer in order to fight the Dragons, and even then she can only combat them on the Player Phase. Meanwhile Wendel can at least lure one in on the Enemy Phase and still counterattack. So just that we outline it, let's start with Minerva's next Chapter: 10.

- 10 has many Mages, Sisters, and Mercs. Granted she has the advantage on Bishops, but Wendell is chipping the Mages well with Elfire anyway and he's taking little to no damage in return.
- 11 Minerva can fly, but there are those Flying Dragons and a lot of Hunters. Pretty bad situation for Minerva here.
- 12 has about 10 Dragons in comparison to the few Barbarians.
- 13 has Ice Dragons and Flying Dragons. There are a lot more Barbarians and Minerva can fly now, but she can't extend her move to the north due to the Ice Dragons coming down.
- 14 has Ice Dragons. Wendell w/Elfire is a good lure for this.

After 15 it ends the Dragon assualt until much later in the game, but I can't really brush off the many chapters that Wendel has shown a whole lot of positive utility just with 2-ranged combat. Then you look into Staves, 10 Wlv and a 70% growth, makes all the difference for him. He gets Watch super early (level or two) and Again Staff can be rigged with Orbs or just tossing a Manual after hitting 15 Wlv. Not much relly stands in his way since most characters need Bishop Ring + Manual to compare to it.

Minerva has Lances and Swords, but the problem is in order for her to use the Swords for, say, Generals outdoors, she needs to dismount and then sacrifice stats; in particular durability. There's also Flying but it is slightly limited to the # of Bow users that the enemy has. Then calculate that there's competition for the Iote Shield ad it doesn't look good.

I can do stat comparisons if it's necessary, but IMO Staff utility + 2-range + Dragon effectiveness without massive favoritism > Flying + Swords / Lance swapping.

Last edited by Colonel M on Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total

2Book 2: Wendel > Minerva Empty Re: Book 2: Wendel > Minerva Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:44 am

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

10 hardly counts for Minerva since she is recruited so late. Meanwhile Wendel also has some maps before Minerva even exists. This is a no brainer imo.

https://fegenesis.forummotion.com

3Book 2: Wendel > Minerva Empty Re: Book 2: Wendel > Minerva Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:04 am

Colonel M

Colonel M

Actually she joins in 9 (she's recruited in the village). So count 7, 8, and 9 for him.

EDIT: Ah, I see how I screwed it up. I said she joined in 10. Fixing.

4Book 2: Wendel > Minerva Empty Re: Book 2: Wendel > Minerva Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:32 am

FE3_Player

FE3_Player

Wendell hype wins again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum