Fire Emblem Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fire Emblem Genesis

screw playing, i want to argue about it on the internet

You are not connected. Please login or register

Book 2: Yumina and Marisa in the same tier?

+4
ThunderMan
FE3_Player
cheetah7071
Colonel M
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Colonel M

Colonel M

Let's review. Both are likely to not be promoted (in my opinion they're better off being in their initial class) and Yumina's only real loss against her is the WLv growth and the chapter lead. Yumina makes up for it by having Rescue earlier than Marisa has Hammerne. Marisa gets Thief Staff earlier than Yumina gets Ohm; however, you have... get this, 5 Ohm Staff uses. That practically allows us to be a little more reckless with our team.

In short: both have unique staff utilities. So what suddenly makes Marisa a tier better than Yumina?

cheetah7071

Marisia and Yumina should be like right next to each other. No idea who should be the one slot higher, rescue > Marisia's staves, but availibility, so meh.

FE3_Player

FE3_Player

Sure.

ThunderMan

ThunderMan

cheetah7071 wrote:Marisia and Yumina should be like right next to each other. No idea who should be the one slot higher, rescue > Marisia's staves, but availibility, so meh.
I'd argue the opposite. Until Chapter 15, you don't have the Star Orb for infinite use of the Miracle Sword (assuming that like me, you'd prefer to obtain it in C8 or C9) and Partia. With Hammerne, you've more freedom to make use of these 2 and speed up your army's growth for a stronger one sooner.

Then there's Master Sword which has 30 Crit and 12 MT, pretty good stuff.

Lady Sword which is useful from beginning to end (Lategame Barbarians are durable against physical attacks).

Resire which solves Linda's durability issues (Lol C11 Linda Solo) and perhaps Excalibur.

Rescue's got some strategic use yeah but it doesn't offer as much as Hammerne.

Colonel M

Colonel M

I'd still say Marisa > Yumina, but I do want to point out that Rescue makes things much more efficient. You can let Marth run freely to the village in C9, for example, and position Yumina to rescue him to be near the throne. Hammerne > Rescue, but I wouldn't say it's a total blowout.

IOS

IOS

How much weight are we putting on Yumina being the only person that can save Marich from dying in Chapter 10?

sPortsman

sPortsman

You also need her to gtfo out of the Desert chapter before Astram shows up.

Paperblade

IOS wrote:How much weight are we putting on Yumina being the only person that can save Marich from dying in Chapter 10?

I don't see how this is significantly different from recruiting.

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

Plus technically, Merric can live fine on his own, he just has to kill Ellerean to do it. So unless you want to save Merric AND get the Silver Card or save Ellerean, then you don't have to rescue Merric.

https://fegenesis.forummotion.com

FE3_Player

FE3_Player

I value Rescue more than Hammerne, if only because of the ability to improve Marth's ability to travel across maps alone. I also saw that Mallisia only has 10% more HP growth, so not likely a huge durability lead.

Yumina > Mallisia, but right next to each other.

sPortsman

sPortsman

Mekkah wrote:Plus technically, Merric can live fine on his own, he just has to kill Ellerean to do it. So unless you want to save Merric AND get the Silver Card or save Ellerean, then you don't have to rescue Merric.

How'd you do that? Physic or some shit? I tried not rescuing him and failed terribly.

FE3_Player

FE3_Player

You can kill Elleran and you can find a safe spot for him on the throne.

Or at least I think that's how I did it. I'm pretty sure Merric can be kept safe somehow.

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

I did it like that on my first playthrough. It might be a better idea to kill the Killing Edge Mercenary turn 1 though.

https://fegenesis.forummotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum