Fire Emblem Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fire Emblem Genesis

screw playing, i want to argue about it on the internet

You are not connected. Please login or register

Laundry List from Serenes

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Laundry List from Serenes Empty Laundry List from Serenes Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:06 pm

Grandjackal

Grandjackal

There were a lot of hangnail arguments on the sernes list, and ever since the creation of this site has seemed as dead as a doorknob, so I figured I'd just bring up the arguments that were in motion at the time.

-Tate in upper mid, anyone agree?

-Mage positions, like Ray, Lou, Lillina and Niime. None really got much attention, but it is a curious topic that I wish to know the opinions of others on. Seems that Lou's rather solidified in his current position.

-People were speculating on Zeiss. No one has gone in-depth, but people seem to have opinions on him.

-Gonzales, and if he might drop or not.

Everything else was sort of already brought up in other topics. Instead of basically 4 more topics, I figured I'd just group it all into one. These were basically easily solved problems, save probably the mages, so most of these should be dealt with almost immediately, depending on the thoughts of others.

Just figured we'd get these out of the way.

Personal thoughts on the issues.

-Tate I believe could go into upper mid, though I'm sure Red Fox would be more than happy to elaborate. Basically she's Noah with a less competed for promotion item, and the ability to actually double, along with supports with people who don't suck (Thany, Klein), and flight. Worse WT control, weakness to bows, that's it.

-Realistically, Lou would be a bit stronger than Lillina at join time, and beats her from there. However, it's a close race basically until promotion. She has a couple support options that wouldn't mind her, though I suppose I won't push it. Basically there is a period of time when Lou isn't doubling that Lillina is better by a very minor point of a bit more damage. This is the case, due to leveling speed. However as said, he has better growths in the sense that he can actually double eventually. So yeah, tier difference. How much of one though? Currently, she is below the dark mages. However, let's look at a couple details on them.

-Niime is far, starts out good enough, all she really needs is an angel robe and she's actually pretty damn good. Very small amount of time she has, but she is pretty epic in that time, given she gets a robe, mainly due to Nosferatanking (though I suppose 125 base hit isn't fantastic at this point in time...). 16 speed is nice, but her con makes her lose AS from even a basic tome. However, unless you equip her with something huge, she will only be doubled by heroes. However, you soon get Apocalypse. 43 magic might is epic. Heroes are the most troublesome enemy types you generally wanna chip first. They have 52-56 HP, 6 Res. That is a whopping 37 damage, reducing them to 15-18 HP. That IS enough to avoid a counter with for someone closing in on the kill. Percival at base with a silver lane has 34 mt to their 17 Def, a WTA boost means even a base supportless Percy can fuck that up. Others aren't as strong naturally, but others usually have supports, or are badass Miredy. Then factor in basically perfect staff rank. Niime comes late, but she has the capability to be incredibly helpful during that time.

-Ray? Well, he's got a troublesome existence. He starts ok, but he doesn't really end up any better. I suppose if you trained him to 20 and promoted him at chapter 16, he'd be fine if we went Ilia. He'd have 14 speed to double steel pegs with, can counter javie pegs, all with Nosferatu so he's virtually pretty damn hard to kill. Pegs have 31 HP, 9 Res, Ray has 19 magic and Nosferatu is 10 mt. Pegs have about 14 Str, steel lance do 24 mt, javelins do 20 mt. Ray at 20/1 (should be 20/3 at least by now, but what the hell) has 30 HP, 8 Def. So while steelers do 16 damage, he does 20 damage with Nosferatu. Javelins are basically same deal, except it's a 3RKO. Falcos have 31 mt, 42 HP and 11 Res, 14 AS. Ray won't double, and the bastard does 23 damage. This reduces him to 7 HP. Ray on the counter would do 18 damage. He might not kill falcos, but he can tank them. Well, that is if acc is on his side. 37 base Acc, Nosferatu is 65 hit...Ooh, 102. So he has around 72-62 displayed hit. Well, we can see why he's in lower mid. He'd love a support with Lou, and it's a 20+3. That's 17, 20, 28. Joins in chapter 12, he could easily have a B by chapter 18. Avoid and Hit+10. 82-72 has a margin of error, but it helps. Ray would have 35+10 avoid to their 99 hit, of which would be 55 hit. Damn bad luck, but at least he's hitting now. Lou's short on a stable B, so Ray could fill the slot at least. +1 ATK and def do help with Nosferatu's funciton as well, as it's basically a reduction of 2 damage. I could see him below Niime still, but are both worse than Fa in this sense?

-Zeiss interestingly enough promoted at level 10 has 14 speed, enough to double steel pegs. In fact, if he proc'd a speed (30%), he can avoid doubles in Sacae from teh 18 AS nomads. With their short bows, they'd pack 28 mt to his 17 def and 44-45 HP. If he's not getting doubled, 4-5RKO is pretty impressive for a flyer. In fact, 12/1 Zeiss, ranges given for various procs on his hard mode boosts.

45-46 HP, 22 Str, 15-16 Speed, 17-18 Skill, 15-16 Speed, 9-10 Luck, 18-19 Def, 4 Res

To a 20/3 Miledy, he might actually tie defense, though losing 6-7 HP. Str only by 1, luck might tie. Skill though is a 5-6 loss, and speed is 3-4. Obviously he's not Miledy, but he is comparing to her defensively. From here on, chances are he won't be doubled, though his doubling is dubious. In Ilia, he's doubling anyways, aside from Falcos, and Ilia neither are doubling, though can avoid the doubles. Since he's promoting at a general time that others are, he will probably be 12/10 by 21. His stats.

53-4 HP, 26 Str (maxed), 21-22 Skill, 18-19 Speed, 11-12 Luck, 20-21 Def, 4-5 Res

20/10 Miledy
57-58 HP, 25(maxed) Str, 24-5 Skill, 23-4 Speed, 12-13 Luck, 21-22 Def, 6-7 Res.

23 speed is good, but she's only doubling wyvern lords and sages over him. Granted, that's huge, but that's really it. Zeiss can double paladins, whatever else, and you wouldn't want either up against mages either.

So he sorta needs 5 levels, but his low base level makes those easy to attain. Promotion, he's still a flying tank, though he IS able to double in Ilia. I think 5 levels in comparison is painless to basically the rest of Low's problems, and do they give the reward of basically a second Miredy who still doubles most things (save basically heroes, wyvern lords and sages that neither wanna fight). Horseslayers are D rank for him to use, he starts with 18-19 Str. That's 51-52 mt. 75 hit, 32 base hit is 107 hit. 16x, there are cavs walking around. He can OHKO the 37 HP, 9-10 def easily. Paladins with their 10 Def and 47 HP he leaves them with 15-14 HP, so it's not like you seriously have to chizzle them down. Enemy avoid ranges from 23-38 avoid, so 84-69 displayed. 12 exp a hit, 53 a kill on just the normal level 14 enemies. Cavs appear in chapter 17 of either route, so he's still cool then. 10 kills gets him to 12, so that doesn't seem painful.

Maybe I'm in one of my "I caught something and I'm overhyping" mments, so I'll just ask if you feel this is unworthy of low.

-Dunno about Gonzo. It's all about acc and how much we value it with him.

2Laundry List from Serenes Empty Re: Laundry List from Serenes Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:03 pm

Colonel M

Colonel M

I need more "organized" discussion with Tate before I agree with it. I also doubt Gonzales is going to drop either.

3Laundry List from Serenes Empty Re: Laundry List from Serenes Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:58 am

Grandjackal

Grandjackal

Colonel M wrote:I need more "organized" discussion with Tate before I agree with it. I also doubt Gonzales is going to drop either.

Tate is basically Noah if he could double, had flight, and generally better overall growths. Might not have the weapon control and has a bow weakness, but she also has no competition for her promotion item.

That, and decent supports with pretty good people (Klein, Thany if she's open for a B, Klein would take 15, 30, 40 turns, Thany B would take 7, 20). Total bonus would be +1 ATK, 4 Def (lol), 5 crit, 25 hit, 20 avoid, 25 crit avoid. 20/1, basically the start of Ilia or Sacae.

41 HP, 15+1 Str, 19 Skill, 22 Speed, 10 Luck, 11+4 Def, 12+4 Res. 44+25 hit, 54+20 avoid, 9+6 crit

Ilian pegs have 32 HP, 6 Def. Tate there with Iron has 23 ATK. Enemy pegs usually have around 99 hit. Even with 2 reduced speed, 29 displayed. They have about 24 ATK. 9 damage, a 5RKO. 20 AS also doubles 14 AS Falcoknights. In fact, with silver she has 30 mt and 18 AS, though I don't think that quite kills 41 HP and 10 Def. Needless to say, she destroys Ilia.

Sacae, nomads generally have 18 ATK, but thanks to bow effectiveness they have 28 ATK on fliers. 13 damage, 4RKO. Still doing pretty good actually. Everyone's gonna have a hard time dodging, but a 4RKO isn't bad for a flier. Their 18-20 AS can't double her as well, even with 11 weight javies weighing her down to 17 AS. Her acc with it is 125 hit, and generally they have 43 avoid. 83 displayed is incredibly accurate. Damage? Well, they have generally 35 HP and 7 Def. She would have 20 mt, 13 damage. Suppose she could close in with silver on things she didn't kill.

That's just 20/1 Tate, of which she might not be that by those troublesome chapters. She could probably be a bit stronger. So basically Noah without the shitty start, flight, and good functional supports. Sounds like upper mid to me.

Makes me think of the delphi shield in Sacae though. Miledy is quite a bit tougher than that to the point I question if Miledy even cares. She's only taking 11 damage. Tate's doing slightly worse, but it's 5RKO to 4RKO. Thany and Zeiss are probably the ones who would actually "need" it in a sense. Thany due to shitty defense (2-3RKO), and Zeiss due to being doubled. Both would prefer to go to Ilia really, but then there's lttle actual need for the shield then. Only time it really comes up again is against brave bowmen in chapter 22.

4Laundry List from Serenes Empty Re: Laundry List from Serenes Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:45 am

dondon151

Grandjackal wrote:Makes me think of the delphi shield in Sacae though. Miledy is quite a bit tougher than that to the point I question if Miledy even cares. She's only taking 11 damage. Tate's doing slightly worse, but it's 5RKO to 4RKO. Thany and Zeiss are probably the ones who would actually "need" it in a sense. Thany due to shitty defense (2-3RKO), and Zeiss due to being doubled. Both would prefer to go to Ilia really, but then there's lttle actual need for the shield then. Only time it really comes up again is against brave bowmen in chapter 22.
Resource concentration is optimal.

Miledy who is completely immune to nomads and probably NTs is better than Tate and Miledy who are 4-5RKO'd each (and Miledy likely faces crit chances). In the former case I can just stick her into any group of enemies with a Javelin and have her own things whereas in the latter case I actually have to be conscious of enemy exposure.

Also take the case where the player wants a flier to go off on her own. For example, in 17S there is literally no way to save the Eclipse village without using a flier; a completely immune flier is favorable in this case. Also, Tate wouldn't have her +4 def from supports (among other bonuses), so Miledy would be a better candidate for the Delphi Shield.

5Laundry List from Serenes Empty Re: Laundry List from Serenes Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:52 am

Grandjackal

Grandjackal

Alright alright, fine. Still, a 4RKO considering they're bows isn't bad at all.

6Laundry List from Serenes Empty Re: Laundry List from Serenes Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:36 pm

Colonel M

Colonel M

I meant a seperate topic discussing Tate.

7Laundry List from Serenes Empty Re: Laundry List from Serenes Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:19 pm

ThunderMan

ThunderMan

Grandjackal wrote:Seems that Lou's rather solidified in his current position.

I disagree. Many of your decisions when it came to Lugh were rather hasty and based on sandbagging him and you gave bad examples to counter some arguments. I was reluctant on discussing Lugh for a while because you're very stubborn when it comes to Lugh.

I think I can see him going AT LEAST above Ellen and now that Mekkah's handling it, hopefully there won't be another Red Fox vs Jackal like argument.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum