Fire Emblem Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fire Emblem Genesis

screw playing, i want to argue about it on the internet

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tier List Process

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tier List Process Empty Tier List Process Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:06 pm

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

Tier list discussions have always been messy. One guy posts a topic, lots of people reply. This has the following problems:

- The list can only be managed by the topic creator.
- It's hard to find proposed changes and who said what on the discussion.
- There are no clear definitions on what constitutes what on a tier list, regarding things like tier gaps and opportunity cost.

I have invented a process that will solve the first two problems. The last one can only be solved by...more discussion. I will get back to that later.

First, you may notice each game has its own forum for a tier list. This is to make the managing easier. A tier list will be posted and stickied inside the forum, with a starting point. I will probably use the current tier lists on SF as a starting point for those, or just create lists myself.

Then, everyone who wishes to change something on the list creates a new thread on the issue rather than replying to the main thread. Each thread should only have one designated topic, and the discussions in it should not drift off topic. If they appear to go into a different direction, create a new topic.

Over time, hopefully it will look clear what everyone thinks on a topic at hand, and a change may or may not be made. I will handle the changes by myself at first, but if people take interest in a game's tier list, I may hand them the privileges to edit changes into the topic.

I think this is a huge improvement over "the old fashioned way" and I am still open to new ideas. For now, happy debating!

https://fegenesis.forummotion.com

2Tier List Process Empty Re: Tier List Process Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:57 pm

Vykan12

Vykan12

There are no clear definitions on what constitutes what on a tier list, regarding things like tier gaps and opportunity cost.

Can we debate about that here?

IMO it's important for a tier list to be flexible towards whatever playstyle or decisions the player makes rather than aspiring towards some uniform strategy or perfect playthrough concept. In other words, I think the most fair assessment of a character is when the most weight is given towards how they perform without regards to non-basic resources (eg/ stat boosters, finite weapons, etc).

I'm also not big on characters being ranked highly based solely on opportunism (eg/ being forced in a bunch of chapters), but that probably can't be avoided.

3Tier List Process Empty Re: Tier List Process Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:58 pm

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

I'll create a sub forum for such discussions.

https://fegenesis.forummotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum