Fire Emblem Genesis

screw playing, i want to argue about it on the internet

You are not connected. Please login or register

Verdict on threads

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Verdict on threads on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:37 pm

I've noticed that very few changes occur to the list in relation to the amount of threads made in the game's particular subforum. I'm not sure how this would be implemented (perhaps a poll), but we need a way to either decide if a change should be implemented or if the OP didn't make a strong enough case that people agree with.

View user profile

2 Re: Verdict on threads on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:59 pm

Tier lists work badly as democracies, in my opinion, so I'm fine with the current system of benign dictatorship.

View user profile

3 Re: Verdict on threads on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:02 pm

It can still be a dictatorship in that Mekkah can act as the impartial decider of whether a change should be made or not after a certain amount of arguing is done.

View user profile

4 Re: Verdict on threads on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:09 pm

Mekkah's laziness is to blame for the lack of changes, really. If he has time to complain about how often I change my username, he has time to kick Yunno out of Fail tier.

View user profile

5 Re: Verdict on threads on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:04 am

Mekkah

Admin
I read every thread, but yeah, often I am too lazy to make changes instantly, or there's like no replies. I don't like half assing replies myself, either, so often I don't just respond.

I'm considering promoting one or two people to global moderators so they can make changes. I'm thinking vykan and IOS, since they're both good numberdiggers and I trust their judgement.

View user profile http://fegenesis.forummotion.com

6 Re: Verdict on threads on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:19 am

I'm honored that you're considering me Mekkah, but the only tier lists that aren't currently run by somebody else are FE5 and the GBA games. I have a decent amount of experience with FE6 and FE7, but my FE8 experience is a bit more lacking. The tier list for my game of choice, Shadow Dragon, is already run by Chainey who I am comfortable with as the current manager of the tier list. I wouldn't mind running the FE5 tier list though. Vykan is already running the FE6 list on gamefaqs, so that just leaves FE7 which I could run as well if nobody objects (although B2BD might want to run it like on serenes).

View user profile

7 Re: Verdict on threads on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:41 am

Mekkah

Admin
The main apparent problems are with FE5 and the GBA FEs, and the fact that they are not updated even though a change has long been agreed upon. So you do not need to know a whole lot about the game just to make changes. And vykan is pretty familiar with FE8 anyhow.

8 Re: Verdict on threads on Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:19 am

In that case, I'd be up for the moderator role. University has given me much more free time, and therefore much more time to be active in the debating community.

View user profile

9 Re: Verdict on threads on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:53 am

Vykan is already running the FE6 list on gamefaqs

No, that's Red Fox. I just took over the serenes topic. And hey, never been a mod before, that would be cool.

View user profile

10 Re: Verdict on threads on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:58 am

I'd be willing to mod if people are cool with it. Might be nice to take my mind off of pokemonning.

View user profile

11 Re: Verdict on threads on Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:21 pm

Mekkah

Admin
I've promoted vykan and IOS to global mods, let's see how it all works out.

12 Re: Verdict on threads on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:17 pm

Vykan12 wrote:
Vykan is already running the FE6 list on gamefaqs

No, that's Red Fox. I just took over the serenes topic. And hey, never been a mod before, that would be cool.
I don't think I'd call that "running" anything.

View user profile

13 Re: Verdict on threads on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:37 pm

Thank you for the promotion Mekkah, i'm honored, and will do my best to keep all lists updated as often as possible.

Do we get a cool "Moderator" title under our name? Razz

Also, I said gamefaqs when I meant serenesforest. You probably have the FE6 list under control if you're already running the serenesforest one. I've updated the FE5 and FE7 lists already, while the FE8 list seems to have died. I'll try to take a closer look at it, to see if there were any agreed changes.

View user profile

14 Re: Verdict on threads on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:29 pm

Mekkah

Admin
I can already see this is working out. Thanks guys!

15 Re: Verdict on threads on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:48 pm

Can you sticky all the enemy stats threads? I can't seem to do it myself.

View user profile

16 Re: Verdict on threads on Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:07 pm

Mekkah

Admin
Me neither. :S

EDIT: Ok, should be fixed. This forum's software sucks Very Happy

17 Re: Verdict on threads on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:21 pm

As long as IOS isn't drunk, heh.

Congrats buddy boys. Don't fail me now.

View user profile

18 Re: Verdict on threads on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:30 pm

Hey, every staff needs a love able drunk!

In all seriousness, I make sure my computer is off now before I go out so I'm not tempted to use it when I get back. Thanks for the congrats though Colonel M!

View user profile

19 Re: Verdict on threads on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:32 pm

IOS wrote:Hey, every staff needs a love able drunk!

In all seriousness, I make sure my computer is off now before I go out so I'm not tempted to use it when I get back. Thanks for the congrats though Colonel M!
Mekkah, I want a drink every time I log into C&C now. Plz.

View user profile

20 Re: Verdict on threads on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:18 pm

EDIT: Ok, should be fixed. This forum's software sucks Very Happy

Not quite. You missed FE8-10.

View user profile

21 Re: Verdict on threads on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:21 am

Mekkah

Admin
It should work for mods looking at the permissions sheet.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum