Fire Emblem Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fire Emblem Genesis

screw playing, i want to argue about it on the internet

You are not connected. Please login or register

Some Questions.

+3
Grandjackal
Mekkah
Red Fox of Fire
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Some Questions. Empty Some Questions. Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:07 pm

Red Fox of Fire

Red Fox of Fire

Because the Announcement topic was locked.
Sounds cool. Some questions:
1. Formal debates? These don't really have a specific place at the moment because they aren't really tier list discussions or General stuff.
2. So you'll (Mekkah) be editing all the lists at first, right? I ask this because I noticed FE3 Player already posted two of them.
3. Can there be multiple tier lists for the same game? This would probably be a good place to have tier lists with different criteria, like ranks and such.
4. Why are some buttons, like for New Topic, not in English?

2Some Questions. Empty Re: Some Questions. Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:23 pm

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

1. Formal debates? These don't really have a specific place at the moment because they aren't really tier list discussions or General stuff.

I want to know if there's demand for it first. My policy is: if there's plenty demand, then I'll create it.

2. So you'll (Mekkah) be editing all the lists at first, right? I ask this because I noticed FE3 Player already posted two of them.

I will be asking for volunteers to help managing some. Particularly, I want someone else to do FE3, FE9, FE10 and FE11. FE3 Player is fine with doing Marth's games. My primary preferences for managing the Tellius games are vykan, Narga and/or Red Fox, whoever is up for it.

3. Can there be multiple tier lists for the same game? This would probably be a good place to have tier lists with different criteria, like ranks and such.

Definitely, but I'll have to think about the way to structure that when it comes to criteria. Personally I think arguing ranked is a travesty and a waste of time, but again, if there's demand, there will be supply.

4. Why are some buttons, like for New Topic, not in English?

Not a clue. I randpicked this board software. I'll ask someone else to make better buttons/skin/etc when I feel like it.

https://fegenesis.forummotion.com

3Some Questions. Empty Re: Some Questions. Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:26 pm

Red Fox of Fire

Red Fox of Fire

Sounds good. We haven't had any formal debates lately on SF, and a lot didn't get finished, so I'm not surprised it hasn't been added here and I won't be surprised if it never is.

Also, I'd be happy to continue editing the FE10 list as long as no one else minds.

4Some Questions. Empty Re: Some Questions. Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:32 pm

Grandjackal

Grandjackal

While the topic's still open, lemme just get something straight.

Basically to make an argument of the list, the idea is to start a topic about it rather than posting on the list? I just wanna get that straight before I go do anything. If so though, it's pretty nice thinking. It allows all arguments to be heard without slowly being thrown by the wayside. Saves energy along with not clogging up a single list.

Also, I'm gonna guess no one wants me to manage the FE6 list due to reasons of partial insanity I'm guessing?

5Some Questions. Empty Re: Some Questions. Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:03 pm

Interceptor

Interceptor

I like the concept of this place, particularly the suggested way to break things down, though I'm afraid the tier lists are already so mature at this point that only a radical shift of criteria is likely to generate a lot of discussion. Well, at least the lists for the modern titles, anyway.

Grandjackal wrote:Also, I'm gonna guess no one wants me to manage the FE6 list due to reasons of partial insanity I'm guessing?
Your tier list would be the most interesting of all. Every day, some dumbshit useless unit would don Hype Hightops and jump four tiers at once. It would be like an interactive game of Internet Leapfrog.

6Some Questions. Empty Re: Some Questions. Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:37 pm

Narga_Rocks

Narga_Rocks

Red Fox of Fire wrote:
Also, I'd be happy to continue editing the FE10 list as long as no one else minds.

Fun as it would be to have control over any list, I'm happy to have you in charge here too. You are usually impartial and listen to reason and can be swayed by reason. I like that in a tier list controller.

As for the other Tellius game, fe10 is the only fire emblem game I've played in the last 2 or 3 years, aside from beating endgame again to make a slightly better transfer, so while I could do the fe9 tier list, I'm not sure I'm qualified on that one. If Red Fox doesn't want to manage two lists at once, and Vykan doesn't appear, I'll do it, though.

7Some Questions. Empty Re: Some Questions. Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:48 pm

sPortsman

sPortsman

Your tier list would be the most interesting of all. Every day, some dumbshit useless unit would don Hype Hightops and jump four tiers at once. It would be like an interactive game of Internet Leapfrog.

Forgive me Jackal, but I'm totally sigging that.

But I can be a prick too, so if anybody doesn't want me managing anything, say so.

Last edited by bblader1 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

8Some Questions. Empty Re: Some Questions. Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:50 pm

Grandjackal

Grandjackal

Interceptor wrote:

I think you mean I at times attempt something ludicrous as stated.

I like how apparently this message was so outstanding that my email decided to signal to me to respond to this. Turning that little feature off, lest I clog up my email.

9Some Questions. Empty Re: Some Questions. Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:00 am

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

Basically to make an argument of the list, the idea is to start a topic about it rather than posting on the list? I just wanna get that straight before I go do anything.

Entirely correct. You post a topic, people reply, and after a while me or whoever is managing the topic makes a decision on whether the move should be made or not.

10Some Questions. Empty Re: Some Questions. Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:17 am

Narga_Rocks

Narga_Rocks

So, nobody has started the fe9 tier list yet. I'll do it in a few hours if it's not there yet. (/scare tactics)

11Some Questions. Empty Re: Some Questions. Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:47 pm

Vykan12

Vykan12

There still isn't a topic for debating tier list criteria.

12Some Questions. Empty Re: Some Questions. Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:58 pm

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

You can create it. It's what I made General Fire Emblem for.

13Some Questions. Empty Re: Some Questions. Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:48 pm

Red Fox of Fire

Red Fox of Fire

This is another kind of pointless thing (Not worth another topic), but for the tier list boards, do you really need "Fire Emblem" in front of all the titles? It feels redundant to me. I'd put "Fire Emblem tier lists" at the top and then just list the secondary titles for each game on its respective board.

14Some Questions. Empty Re: Some Questions. Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:54 pm

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

SF has it too Razz I'll remove it and see how it looks.

15Some Questions. Empty Re: Some Questions. Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:57 pm

Red Fox of Fire

Red Fox of Fire

Heh, I guess I'm so used to SF I didn't even notice it there.

It looks fine to me.

Also, FE4 and 5 say "Fire Emblem 4/5 tier list" in the description while the others are just "FE6/7/etc." tier list.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum