Fire Emblem Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fire Emblem Genesis

screw playing, i want to argue about it on the internet

You are not connected. Please login or register

Patty/Azel needs consideration

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Patty/Azel needs consideration Empty Patty/Azel needs consideration Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:28 am

Grandjackal

Grandjackal

We assume Patty needs a magic sword just to do her job. Azel does 3 things for her.

1. Gives her magic growth (55%)

2. Gives her Pursuit

3. He can use a magic sword after promotion, so she can still inherit the Wind Sword.

Her Str growth isn't too great anymore, but I don't think anyone thought it was workable to begin with. Hitting the weaker resistance stat with he actual ability to double is far more effective. With the wind sword, she has 16 magic mt at range, 17 physical. So close range she's no miracle, but for her unpromoted phase she wants to avoid that. Not only does it give her the ability to steal safely, but her pursuit and magic growth make her actually able to hurt people pretty badly (doubling 16 magic damage would hurt). You could say her offense takes a significant jump.

Funny part is after promotion, she has the same Str and Magic, meaning she actually does more damage at range. Physically she would have 27 mt, at range 29. To point me to things that do not suffer greatly from a double blast of 29 magic might that isn't a mage unit.

Well basically, Azel makes Patty hugely better immediately, and doesn't effect Faval majorly due to him basically just being dude with Ichival. I could see this above Patty/Lex really, as her better ranged combat allows her to actually be able to kill things, to make up for not having Elite while doing minimal chipping at best.

2Patty/Azel needs consideration Empty Re: Patty/Azel needs consideration Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:58 am

ThunderMan

ThunderMan

I actually agree with this. No matter what physical parent you give her, Patty's damage will always suck when it comes to targeting defense and pretty much depends on Moonlight if she wants to go above that. Faval doesn't suffer much either, 50 ATK at base is pretty sufficient as is and Sniper promotion's got +5 STR.

3Patty/Azel needs consideration Empty Re: Patty/Azel needs consideration Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:01 am

Grandjackal

Grandjackal

In fact, I'd think her at least Mid tier now. Actually existing offense, stealing, she'd be at least decent. ot above Faval of course, but really it pretty much doubles the offense she normally has with any other parent.

Azel's even a fast parent for Bridget, and is easily an option. He's no faster than Holyn, putting it simply.

4Patty/Azel needs consideration Empty Re: Patty/Azel needs consideration Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:35 pm

sPortsman

sPortsman

I concur, this might actually be the best version of Patty since she can steal at range now too.

5Patty/Azel needs consideration Empty Re: Patty/Azel needs consideration Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:56 pm

Grandjackal

Grandjackal

bblader1 wrote:I concur, this might actually be the best version of Patty since she can steal at range now too.

She always could (Wind Sword is C rank, otherwise Dew couldn't use it, making his whole side quest pointless), just now she can do it without sucking.

6Patty/Azel needs consideration Empty Re: Patty/Azel needs consideration Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:06 pm

Narga_Rocks

Narga_Rocks

Grandjackal wrote:
bblader1 wrote:I concur, this might actually be the best version of Patty since she can steal at range now too.

She always could (Wind Sword is C rank, otherwise Dew couldn't use it, making his whole side quest pointless), just now she can do it without sucking.

Also aside from Levin as a father this is the fastest she gets. She's faster, has pursuit, has more magic. What's not to love? Might be worse in the arena, though. She has a fair amount less str than some other Pattys.

7Patty/Azel needs consideration Empty Re: Patty/Azel needs consideration Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:08 pm

Grandjackal

Grandjackal

Narga_Rocks wrote:
Grandjackal wrote:

Also aside from Levin as a father this is the fastest she gets. She's faster, has pursuit, has more magic. What's not to love? Might be worse in the arena, though. She has a fair amount less str than some other Pattys.

That's what the Sleep Sword is for.

8Patty/Azel needs consideration Empty Re: Patty/Azel needs consideration Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:58 am

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

More like Prayer Sword, but either way...sure. Maybe not above Lex!Patty though, double arena EXP is easily arguable vs doing more damage on the field.

https://fegenesis.forummotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum