Fire Emblem Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fire Emblem Genesis

screw playing, i want to argue about it on the internet

You are not connected. Please login or register

Character rating threads from SF

+3
Colonel M
Paperblade
ThunderMan
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Character rating threads from SF Empty Character rating threads from SF Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:50 pm

ThunderMan

ThunderMan

I think maybe there should be a stickied topic linking to the character rating threads from SF. They'd make nice reference with details on characters specially when it comes to FESD thanks to reclass.

2Character rating threads from SF Empty Re: Character rating threads from SF Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:27 am

Paperblade

I think we have enough butthurt and bias about 9 and 10 as is, do we really need more?

3Character rating threads from SF Empty Re: Character rating threads from SF Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:57 am

ThunderMan

ThunderMan

Paperblade wrote:I think we have enough butthurt and bias about 9 and 10 as is, do we really need more?
Exclude the ones that have a lot of Bias. Colonel's and Mekkah's were pretty good.

4Character rating threads from SF Empty Re: Character rating threads from SF Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:35 am

Colonel M

Colonel M

Mine needs a little updating but I can post it in the forums. I have the "rough draft" on the classes to simplify things without having to search through the rankings. I posted that on Serenes but I can post that as the first post in the Ranking topic.

Of course this is up to Mekkah if we should have them. Also agreed on 9 and 10 being excluded because "lulz Mia vs. Nepehenee vs. Aran vs. Zihark vs. REYSON, IKE, AND HAAR!".

5Character rating threads from SF Empty Re: Character rating threads from SF Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:13 am

Interceptor

Interceptor

There's nothing intrinsically wrong with FE9/FE10 ranking threads, it's about the author. RFoF's FE10 ranking thread was good, when it existed.

6Character rating threads from SF Empty Re: Character rating threads from SF Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:23 am

Colonel M

Colonel M

Interceptor wrote:There's nothing intrinsically wrong with FE9/FE10 ranking threads, it's about the author. RFoF's FE10 ranking thread was good, when it existed.
True, to a fault. Though in all honesty smash had many of the rankings correct, barring some of them of course (Sanaki is not a 1 or whatever he gave her). Of course there's going to be something people disagree on, but I guess it's up to everyone else. Personally I don't like hearing FE10s especially, but if RFoF still has hers, or smash can at least correct one or two things, then hey why not.

Also, atm there is nothing wrong with the FE9 Ranking thread on Serenes.

7Character rating threads from SF Empty Re: Character rating threads from SF Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:32 pm

sPortsman

sPortsman

I feel unloved D:

8Character rating threads from SF Empty Re: Character rating threads from SF Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:41 pm

Paperblade

Colonel M wrote:
Interceptor wrote:There's nothing intrinsically wrong with FE9/FE10 ranking threads, it's about the author. RFoF's FE10 ranking thread was good, when it existed.
True, to a fault. Though in all honesty smash had many of the rankings correct, barring some of them of course (Sanaki is not a 1 or whatever he gave her).

There was a shitstorm after basically every single ranking, it was terrible. You'd think we were the Zelda fandom and he was giving everyone's favorite unit 8.8

Mildly curious as to why you think Sanaki was ranked too low, but meh.

Of course there's going to be something people disagree on, but I guess it's up to everyone else. Personally I don't like hearing FE10s especially, but if RFoF still has hers, or smash can at least correct one or two things, then hey why not.

FE10 is a joke anyway, and I'm starting to understand why Solide gave up on it.

Although smash isn't going to change shit (or at least the way everyone wants him to) because he's currently in an epeen competition with Int, where if either ever admits the other is right the other one has to commit suicide and have their next of kin put a video of it on Youtube.*

Also, atm there is nothing wrong with the FE9 Ranking thread on Serenes.

There was a page of preemptive flames when he'd only ranked Ike and Titania, the latter of which is Seth with a sex change, and the former of which no one cares about because his only flaw is something you can't fix (monoswords) meaning there's nothing for anyone to seriously cry about without being completely shunned for being retarded.

*Disclaimer: Might not actually be true.

9Character rating threads from SF Empty Re: Character rating threads from SF Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:24 pm

Colonel M

Colonel M

Although smash isn't going to change shit (or at least the way everyone wants him to) because he's currently in an epeen competition with Int, where if either ever admits the other is right the other one has to commit suicide and have their next of kin put a video of it on Youtube.
Might as well be true. >_>;

There was a page of preemptive flames when he'd only ranked Ike and Titania, the latter of which is Seth with a sex change, and the former of which no one cares about because his only flaw is something you can't fix (monoswords) meaning there's nothing for anyone to seriously cry about without being completely shunned for being retarded.
Yeah, though those were about characters such as Zihark and co. Again, we don't know what has happened YET. Hence, "at the moment". All can change within a single rating.
Mildly curious as to why you think Sanaki was ranked too low, but meh.
Well, I know this isn't really the topic to do it but... meh, I'll explain.

So first off, yes we know her durability sucks ass and her capabilities of doubling are anything but forgotten. However, she's more of a "glass cannon" since she DOES have 46 Atk at base w/Cymbeline, which also hits Res. This is at least good enough for Part IV where she's 2HKOing stuff when she hits them. She has little restriction in 4-3 where the desert would hinder most units, and with Leanne she can be vigored back to safety. Being forced helps a bit, so she isn't "technically" taking up a unit slot either. Then for Endgame...

E-1: She can simply potshot the Generals for a fair amount of damage. These guys are tough as hell to ORKO in the first place, so any form of chip damage helps. She also worries little about the Def tiles since, obviously, she hits through RES. Bishops are an issue for her to face since she's targetting Res, but obviously she's taking little from them as well.

E-2: The main problem is she needs to be protected since she easily gets two-to-one shotted by everything on the map, but since the main goals here involve defeating the Black Knight and getting the Wishblade it's only for... maybe 2-3 turns. 5 tops I'd say.

E-3: This is where things get interesting. Giving her the Dragonfoe skill and tossing her a ranged tome makes her capable of decimating things from a 3-10 range, which means one less counterattack to face. Since Bolting is too difficult to get, that's why I mentioned Dragonfoe.

E-4 and 5: The best part is she can also be tossed out for another character (Gareth and Nasir) so it's not much of an issue taking up a unit slot.

Case in point: she's definitely not a 1. I don't know what she'd actually "rank" in this scenario, probably a 3 or something, but 1 is saying that you're useless, when Sanaki at least has good power shots to make up for her lack of defense.

10Character rating threads from SF Empty Re: Character rating threads from SF Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:09 am

Colonel M

Colonel M

H5 Character Ranking Topic

I attempted to fix as much as I could with the scores, so they should be solid with the tier list (one or two may need to be fixed, I dunno). Also Caesar needs a second glance at Hunter->General when I get the chance. This also has the Best Class Options in the OP.

11Character rating threads from SF Empty Re: Character rating threads from SF Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:50 am

Red Fox of Fire

Red Fox of Fire

I've thought about restarting mine, I've even redone the first few (and they're rather long also), but I can't seem to really get into it so I don't know if I'll post them...Plus there'll be the hassle of needing to change scores and innaccuracies when new ideas come up or standards are changed and I don't know if I'll have the resolve to keep up with that since my activity on FE forums has already been declining. It's not like writing essays is a big deal for me (I normally write 1,000 word essays for classes in about a half an hour. My mother takes two days...), I'm just lacking in motivation.

And that's my sob story. I would have continued my other one if it hadn't gotten eaten by the time warp, and I tried to renew it, but it just didn't work. I do have some ideas I'd like to try in a new rating thread, though, so I just might put them to practice and make another.

In fact, Mekkah, if I do start it up again, would it be okay if I posted it here as well as the Forest?

12Character rating threads from SF Empty Re: Character rating threads from SF Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:05 am

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

Do here as you like. For now, put them on the General FE board. I don't think there's enough activity any more to warrant creating even more subforums (though I'm satisfied with what we have atm).

https://fegenesis.forummotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum