Fire Emblem Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fire Emblem Genesis

screw playing, i want to argue about it on the internet

You are not connected. Please login or register

FE8 H5 Ideas

+6
CAT5
sPortsman
Allan Aokage
IOS
Mekkah
Colonel M
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FE8 H5 Ideas Empty FE8 H5 Ideas Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:38 am

Colonel M

Colonel M

Keep this in mind: I am Colonel M, master debater and beginner of hacking. I am not Colonel M, master of sprite editing and adsflkjasdf stuff.

Now the main goal is to make this game fairly difficult; similair to what it's based off of. Though, I want to add a few twists and turns myself, so here is where you can weigh your own opinions:

Characters
- I plan on boosting a few, nerfing others.
- ??? Maybe replacing characters?

The main thing is finding opinions on who should be edited. Keep in mind it doesn't have to be total nerfing: there can be boosting as well.

Weapons (Physical)
- Silvers will be available by split route, Braves by C15 or 16 (I'm thinking 15).
- Silvers will drop to a B rank, Braves up to A.
- Silvers will be buyable as early as the next shops in the split routes (in the maps I'm thinking).
- Spear and Tomahawk will (hopefully) have Brave effects. That's right: 1-2 range Brave effects.
- Attempting to revamp some of the bows. Killer, Brave, Silver, and Nidhogg will have 2-3 range (thank you Shining Force and FE10 for the idea). Short Bow and edited Longbow may have 1-2 range. They'll have some boosted Mt too (Short and Long), but I don't think by a whole lot.
- More effective weapons on the field to prevent dominance of Generals / Mounts.
- Swords 1-2 range option. Dunno what to do with this.

Weapons (Magic)

- Bolting and Purge for Brave effects (yes, you read that right). These might need some editing. I'm definitely giving it 10 uses. Hit modifications unsure.
- A tomes for Brave effect?
- See if I can get Aircalibur to be buyable. Yes you're in-fight music will not be heard but... who cares?
- Minor Luna buff. Nothing ridiculous, but to at least make it a poseable threat.
- Eclipse. I had fun ideas with this one. FE6 effect (so down to 1 HP) with +base Hit. Madness, anyone?

ALL OF THE WEAPONS ARE HEAVILY DEBATABLE! DON'T THINK THIS IS 100% SET IN STONE!

Enemies

- Buff or no buff?
- Take out Monsters? I want to, at least, have humans on 20-Endgame, but I dunno about Demon King summons. Maybe I'll keep Monsters to give you a break, perhaps having the similair weapons the humans do (so C11 and C12 have Silvers, C17 has Braves). If kept, they will have a buff.

Supports

- Keep as is?
- Or make it similair to FE5's system, but each rank increases the hit, Avoid, and Crit by 5 each.

More things leaving for discussion. Feel free to bounce back ideas or agree / disagree with any of these suggestions. Oh, and for Brave Bolting / Purge... thank Cheetah for that troll idea.

2FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:03 am

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

Some of these, I can't do with Nightmare, so I somehow doubt you can. Like FE6 Eclipse, changing the Demon King's Summons, etc.

Also, if you're trying to make a "H5", I'd leave out the brave tomes and ranged spears. I'd rather buff enemy hit.

https://fegenesis.forummotion.com

3FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:11 am

IOS

IOS

Small note, but Spyro_Di made a patch that fixes the Aircalibur/SOS Fire sound glitch. I'll see if I can find it

4FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:27 am

Allan Aokage

5FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:16 pm

sPortsman

sPortsman

All of these oober weapons are enemy only, right? I don't want Seth having Brave Effect 1-2 range.

6FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:43 pm

Colonel M

Colonel M

Mekkah wrote:Some of these, I can't do with Nightmare, so I somehow doubt you can. Like FE6 Eclipse, changing the Demon King's Summons, etc.
Guess I'm just buffing the hit for Eclipse then. Ah well.
Also, if you're trying to make a "H5", I'd leave out the brave tomes and ranged spears. I'd rather buff enemy hit.
It doesn't have to "replicate it" all the way. But if you do want to leave out Brave tomes / spears, feel free to object.
All of these oober weapons are enemy only, right? I don't want Seth having Brave Effect 1-2 range.
Undecided. SOME of these won't be available for a long time though. I'm not tossing you a free Tomahawk in C8, for example.

One last note: trying to make the towers "unplayable" unless you beat the game. Dunno if I really want to make the towers capable of beating. Eh, if enough interest is there I'll look at it, but likely not touching it anyway.

7FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Colonel M

Colonel M

More shit to discuss:

- Scrapping Brave A tomes. These are just going to be normal.
- Brave Bolting / Purging might deserve a test before I say "okay, definitely adding".
- DracoZombies? Should I allow these guys to run amock early?
- Gilliam = Oswin stats instead?

8FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:30 pm

CAT5

Yes to buffing Gilliam.

Drop all of Seth's bases by 2 or something.

Yes to Dracozombies, FE8 definitely should've had more of those.

Brave siege tomes seems iffy. They have massive range, can't be blocked by anything, and can start firing at you several turns before you actually reach them. Characters with poor MDef could be completely ruined for certain chapters by this.

Yes on buffing enemies in general. Even with better weapons, they need either better stats or greater numbers in addition.

I wouldn't remove monsters, rather I'd just buff them as well. Seems alot easier than replacing them. Maybe do something with them to set them apart from human enemies, like have it so Wights only wield magic swords (with buffed stats ofcourse), or some other silliness like that.

9FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:33 pm

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

Just give Gilliam Sedgar's bases and growths. Problem solved.

10FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:45 pm

Grandjackal

Grandjackal

One thing you should do is buff monsters, but not just directly to their stats.

Like...Give their weapons some form of slayer effect. Example.

Zombie types: How is it people succumb to these bastards? Villagers could take them out. Answer being-people slayer. Have their attacks have slayer effect on the unmounted and unarmored (like Fighters, Mercs, Pirates, Mages, the deal). That, or just make bigger numbers of them+lowering their experience drop, giving them poison claws to make them highly annoying.

Skeleton types: I would think that to maintain this form, they'd have to leech life, since dark magic can't just keep them around forever. Give them runeswords or something. Otherwise, just make them like armor knights if they could have 2 weapon types.

Mogall Types: Flying dark mage is actually pretty nifty, and is part of what could make Shadowshot incredibly annoying later on. They're fine, just buff 'em a tad somehow. Perhaps give the the ability to cause status? Not in the same way a staffer would, make them come up close (giving them long range status AND Shadowshot is a bit too cruel, make them have to come up close to put that giant eyeball to good use).

Spider Types: I'm not really sure. They're basically bandits if they were harder to kill, but had no range weapon. I could be cruel in suggesting that they have armorslaying effect, but armors are in a bad spot as it is...Horseslaying? I dunno, perhaps just make them fast enough that they're hard to double.

Centaur typs: While shit stats is the fault of the game in general, these guys had another problem, being that there was like 3 of them. Just put more in and give them the needed buff, they're basically nomads with axes instead of swords. That sounds pretty damn annoying potentially.

Wolf types: What can you do, give them luck so they're even harder to hit? They're pretty annoying already.

Gargoyle type: Wyverns without swords, but speed. Basically means they're already good. Just buff 'em as per hard mode 5 requirement.

Gorgon types: Be cruel-Give them a way to heal other monsters. If that can't be done, just make them a bit harder to double, these things already suck.

Cyclops type: Already hard to kill, hit hard...Hell, they even were given nice weapons like swordslayers. Just give them the whole deal I suppose, a choice of ranged weapon and like either a slayer, killer, reaver or just silver.

Dracos: Love what you're suggesting.

Let's give monsters a bit of flavor instead of just making them "other human classes".

*Sees Mekkah's post*

Then give Garcia Wolf's deal, if we're gonna be funny about it XD

11FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:47 pm

sPortsman

sPortsman

It should be play tested before it's decided if Gilliam needs a buff. Usually defense is overlooked because you have Seth raping all and never dying, but if he can just avoid the double, he'll actually be useful.

12FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:14 pm

Colonel M

Colonel M

I might experiment with Monster weapons to see if they can have certain effects other than lolPoison (maybe Sleep on something like Spiders?)

I'd sooner go for Oswin buff than the Sedgar buff. I mean, if we're buffing Gilliam I might as well name Garcia "Barst" and give him his bases + growths. XD

Seth is something that I'm unsure to deal with. Depending on how much I beef the enemies at least. I might be able to do something like Fia did and just unpromote Seth and knock him back some levels. Heh, now you can get Great Knight Seth (IT'S GRRRRREAT!)

Yeah, DracoZombies would be a nice touch on the field. Maybe not a whole lot, but at least a couple of them. Maybe I will remove the bow weakness on them but... I'm unsure with this. I want to make them somewhat similair to the Mamkutes in FEDS though, so it's a matter of how much I nerf them.

Remember, CATS, that these ranged tomes also have Pure Water to deal with. If I add them earlier, I could just make the Mages wielding them weaker, then over time gradually improve. Similair to the Worm Bishops. I also theorized to lower the Hit on them too, so it's a matter of how much I want to test it.

And yeah, the enemies might get a buff under the condition that some of the scrubby units get a minor buff in addition. Neimi is being solved already. Also plan to call Tomahawk / Spear Master Lance / Master Axe, heh.

13FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:24 pm

CAT5

Remove bow weakness on Dracos imo. 42 Mt Silver Bow? lol, it's like a get out of jail free card. Or atleast reduce the damage multiplier to 2x instead of 3x, though I'm not sure if you can do that with Nightmare.

If you plan to just have brave tomes wielded by weaker enemies to compensate for being brave, then I don't really see the point, other than novelty I guess. One thing it would still do as compared to normal siege tomes is make Res boosters doubly effective. For example, a 25 Atk Bolting hitting once vs a 14 Atk Bolting that hits twice, against a unit with 3 Res. Initially they do the same damage, but if you add Pure Water, the stronger-but-not-brave Bolting does about twice as much damage.

14FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:26 pm

Grandjackal

Grandjackal

Colonel M wrote:I might experiment with Monster weapons to see if they can have certain effects other than lolPoison (maybe Sleep on something like Spiders?)

There's definitely room to experiment. Plenty of things.

Poison though seems appropriate for zombies, and it could help if it were to add on with one of the two suggestions.

Perhaps monsters could get monster-unique weapons?

Seth is something that I'm unsure to deal with. Depending on how much I beef the enemies at least. I might be able to do something like Fia did and just unpromote Seth and knock him back some levels. Heh, now you can get Great Knight Seth (IT'S GRRRRREAT!)

See the wound he takes at first? Make it so he's stuck with that health at the start (as in he can't be healed above 18 HP), and that 35 max health he has, treat it like his HP cap.

I dunno, sounds plenty hard to deal with him.

Yeah, DracoZombies would be a nice touch on the field. Maybe not a whole lot, but at least a couple of them. Maybe I will remove the bow weakness on them but... I'm unsure with this. I want to make them somewhat similair to the Mamkutes in FEDS though, so it's a matter of how much I nerf them.

Well hey, bowmen need SOMETHING to do.

As for making them like FEDS mamkutes? Those things were nuts, ya know. Only way I can think of nerfing them is that their early arrival, a wyrmslayer could OHKO them (would be a buff to swords at least).

Remember, CATS, that these ranged tomes also have Pure Water to deal with. If I add them earlier, I could just make the Mages wielding them weaker, then over time gradually improve. Similair to the Worm Bishops. I also theorized to lower the Hit on them too, so it's a matter of how much I want to test it.

Reason Worm didn't totally suck ass was because of the rank bonus system, which this game doesn't have (unless you plan on, like FEDS, having every enemy have A rank), and because the avoid calculation sucked. Decreasing the accuracy would be meh, but making them brave would be stupid.

If you want to buff ranged tomes, just make it so thhey actually have an easier time hitting you. That, or upping the crit so that crit evade supports would actually be helpful.

And yeah, the enemies might get a buff under the condition that some of the scrubby units get a minor buff in addition. Neimi is being solved already. Also plan to call Tomahawk / Spear Master Lance / Master Axe, heh.

Whatever floats thy boat I suppose.

15FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:35 pm

Magus

Magus

I think that Dozla needs some kind of crazy boost, or maybe more than one. Statwise he's pretty dull and relies upon being decent mid-game to squeeze much use out of him.

16FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:55 pm

Grandjackal

Grandjackal

Magus wrote:I think that Dozla needs some kind of crazy boost, or maybe more than one. Statwise he's pretty dull and relies upon being decent mid-game to squeeze much use out of him.

Idea 1: Make him a level 10 bandit, have him come with a hero crest. Make the bandit branch be the same as pirate, warrior or berserker.

Idea 2: Give him crazy stats everywhere except speed. He's still likely to be doubled lategame, but at least he could take the shots now, and his high luck would keep him safe. Just he would have no good offense aside from relyng on supports and his berserker crit.

Just make him in exchange slow enough that doubling is just never gonna happen for Idea 2.

17FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:59 pm

Colonel M

Colonel M

Grandjackal wrote:
Colonel M wrote:I might experiment with Monster weapons to see if they can have certain effects other than lolPoison (maybe Sleep on something like Spiders?)

There's definitely room to experiment. Plenty of things.

Poison though seems appropriate for zombies, and it could help if it were to add on with one of the two suggestions.

Perhaps monsters could get monster-unique weapons?
Well they already have their own unique weapons to be honest. Those that wield weapons will follow suit with how the chapters work (so they'd have Silver in 12, and Braves in 17). Aside from that, I think it's the monster weapons (like Fangs) that might get certain effects.

See the wound he takes at first? Make it so he's stuck with that health at the start (as in he can't be healed above 18 HP), and that 35 max health he has, treat it like his HP cap.

I dunno, sounds plenty hard to deal with him.
I don't want to nerf his HP even more. It's already looking scary as is at base.

Well hey, bowmen need SOMETHING to do.

As for making them like FEDS mamkutes? Those things were nuts, ya know. Only way I can think of nerfing them is that their early arrival, a wyrmslayer could OHKO them (would be a buff to swords at least).
I'll tone them down a little bit perhaps, and yeah there will be other stuff helping you out. Bows not having effective Mt isn't a major ordeal since Killer on up will have 2-3 range now. Thank Shining Force for the idea.

Reason Worm didn't totally suck ass was because of the rank bonus system, which this game doesn't have (unless you plan on, like FEDS, having every enemy have A rank), and because the avoid calculation sucked. Decreasing the accuracy would be meh, but making them brave would be stupid.

If you want to buff ranged tomes, just make it so thhey actually have an easier time hitting you. That, or upping the crit so that crit evade supports would actually be helpful.
Maybe. I wanted Res to have an actual impact in this game unlike most games. I thought the Pure Water + supports would make such a problem less of one, but if no one really wants this then I can remove it.

@Magus: Dozla is definitely getting a buff. 9 AS is L_O_L.

18FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:09 pm

Grandjackal

Grandjackal

Colonel M wrote:
I don't want to nerf his HP even more. It's already looking scary as is at base.

He'd still be epic in combat, just this time you are limited in how you use his epic.

Maybe. I wanted Res to have an actual impact in this game unlike most games. I thought the Pure Water + supports would make such a problem less of one, but if no one really wants this then I can remove it.

Stone and the high powered monster magic not enough? Demon Surge and Shadow shot on higher magic monsters sounds bad already, the Res stat already meant quite a lot more in FE8 than it did in other games.

@Magus: Dozla is definitely getting a buff. 9 AS is L_O_L.

Keeping in mind that Ross at the time wouldn't be much faster or stronger, all he would hav eis a BRIEF moment of semi-toughness in an H5 run, which I feel would jsut make Dozla low tier. He's gotta have a boost, but giving him more speed would just make him outclass Ross and Garcia indefinitely. Just make him far tougher to make up for shit speed. This way he keeps unique from the other two without totally outclassing them.

19FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:15 pm

CAT5

Stone's Acc isn't like status staves, it goes off of Avo rather than Res.

For the brave tomes, it just depends on how much Atk you're going to give them compared to how much Res the PCs have. For example, the Ch 16 Bolting Sage already has 31-32 Atk. If you add Brave effect, that just gets totally ridiculous, even with Pure Water. Franz has like 6 Res and 39 Hp around then; even with Pure Water for +7 Res, he is nearly ORKO'd (left with less than 5 Hp if both hits land).

If you just nerf their Atk alot though, then they're even less threatening than normal siege tomes, since they do similar damage except that Pure Water/Barrier are twice as effective against them.

Last edited by CAT5 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

20FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:16 pm

Colonel M

Colonel M

Yeah, screw it I'm scrapping Brave seige tomes altogether.

Ross is getting a boost too, don't worry.

21FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:07 pm

Colonel M

Colonel M

Alright, so I think I'm definitely buffing the enemies. These guys are worse than... just fuck.

I'm going to make it easier on myself and try to give all enemies A rank too. As for the other ideas I drew:

- How do I even buff the enemies? Halp!
- Slayer weapons. Generally, how many would you want to see on the field per map? Should it have like 3 Hammers / Horseslayer / w/e?
- Swords. Damn I forgot what I'd want to do with these. They definitely need compensation for no 2 range IMO, but I think Bow buff is pushing it. Would anyone agree to Sword buff too?
- Monster weapons, I decided what I'd try to do. Mauthe Dog and such will probably remain unchanged, but maybe I'll make them more Myrmidion-esque and make HellHound have +15% Crit upon promotion (or just give the Fangs 15 base crit). The Spiders... hm... perhaps Claws / Fangs that put you to Sleep, making the Restore staff more useful? Revenants and Zombies are the harder ones though. They'll have Sleep Claws too. Gorgons are pretty trolling as is, so might not want to bother with those. GJ's idea of having them heal might be a cool concet, of course animation wouldn't work there, heh. DracoZombies will just appear in more chapters to be the new Mamkutes. Finally, promoted Mogalls could also have healing properties too... Oh, who wants Great Shield Cyclops?

I thought about trying S Rank weapons in 19 to the end, but decided against it. Perhaps a couple of units could have some of these weapons to crank up the difficulty stil to an extent (Cyclops w/Garm would be pretty trolling), but I don't want to make it to the point of it being unbeatable.

Here's a list of who I plan to "buff":

- Gilliam
- Garcia
- Ross
- Neimi
- Amelia
- Dozla
- Ewan
- Syrene (to compensate for her late jointime)

I think Seth might be the only character that might need a nerf, and I might question it if I'm cranking up the difficulty of the characters. Maybe I'll make him a Cavalier anyway.

I was going to be funny and try to make Ross Ogma and Garcia Barst, but I don't think anyone would want that. People wanted SEDGAR GILLIAM, but I'd rather have him be Oswin before Sedgar.

22FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:18 pm

CAT5

Great Shield Cyclops = fuck yeah

I wouldn't put too many slayer weapons. They're pretty limiting, they have so much Mt when activated that generally horse/armor units won't be able to take them on at all.

More enemy healers sounds like a cool idea aswell. I miss those FE6 Physic Druids that restore 40 Hp from across the map.

23FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:20 pm

Grandjackal

Grandjackal

Well, here's a couple thoughts.

-Give enemies a variety of weapons, make it so you have to think about who and what you're attacking with. Sending Gerik to attack an axer seems fine and dandy unless the axers behind that guy are packing sword slayers in their inventory.

-Boost their stats accordingly, though I couldn't help with exactly how much.

-Make bosses actually threatening? Make them have unique bonuses even. Examples: Make Valter move, Calleach has FE6 crit bonus, Vigarde's big shield activates twice as often (Ephraim's basically packing the wing spear, you realize that right?), that such.

-Perhaps give some enemies vulneries?

24FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:17 pm

Colonel M

Colonel M

After PB mentioned it to me, I might just drop Gorgon's getting Staves and leaving it for Mogall class. Only one of the claws would be edited for Sleep, the other might be Poison. I think I can give any class skills, so I'd assume Big Shield Cyclops wouldn't be too hard.

I dunno if I want to ditch the Venin weapon idea since it really sucks. Perhaps if the Poison did more damage, but I don't want to fuck around with Nightmare too much. Maybe I'll buff the Mt instead to make it a poseable threat.

As for the bosses, I think I can make Valter aggressive, but Calleach I'll just buff instead. I think the only way to rig Great Shield would be levels, so maybe just max out Vigarde's level?

25FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:29 pm

dondon151

I don't want Great Shield anything to make this game more retardedly luck based.

Why should bow and sword users get decent 1-2 range options? Archers should stay archers and swordies should stay swordies. I don't want every weapon type to be a copy of a different weapon type with slight variance in MT and hit. Just stick with like, buyable Light Brand and Wind Sword (reducing the MT on these because targeting res with str is pretty awesome) and add some better swords, and give all bows 2-3 range. If you really want a 1-2 range option for archers, just use like a 3 MT Short Bow.

I mean, I know it's not fair for some weapon types to be better than others, but what would be the point of having different weapon types if they were basically all the same?

26FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:58 pm

CAT5

They can easily be differentiated from each other while still retaining some shared features, such as all having 1-2 range options. The weapon triangle (and for bows focusing on 2 range rather than 1 range) already serves to differentiate them. And then you can add other things to make each one distinctive (for example making different combinations of slayer weapons available for each type, like what FEDS did: Armorslayer/Wyrmslayer, Ridersbane/Dragonpike, Hammer/Poleax).

This game has armor, horse, dragon and monster slaying weapons (don't appear in the actual game, but still exist in the game's coding so I presume they could be added) for all 3 melee weapon types, so I assume you could do some juggling with that. Making different types of power weapons available at different times for different weapon types is another option, like making Silver Swords buyable early but not Killing Edges, while making Killer Axes buyable early for axe-users, and etc.

27FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:20 am

Colonel M

Colonel M

Eh, we'll see. Maybe I'll just add the Light Brand / Wind Sword. Wind Sword would be nice boon to give them an advantage on enemies they usually have trouble against (flying units w/Lances). Every Bow barring like Short Bow 2-3 range though? Dunno, guess it could fly, though I didn't want to tear people apart when earlygame archers were uncounterable except with Neimi. Up to others. Short Bow wasn't going to get a major Mt advantage anyhow.

Swords are just hard to deal with in general. I could pump up the Mt for the compensating of lack of 2 range, but aside from that the only other plan I would have is what you suggested.

28FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:47 am

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

- How do I even buff the enemies? Halp!

Increase class growths. This won't change much earlygame, if you want to do that you'll have to buff class bases. This has the side effect of buffing PCs of the classes you boosted by that much, but you can compensate for that by making their personal bases negative.

- Slayer weapons. Generally, how many would you want to see on the field per map? Should it have like 3 Hammers / Horseslayer / w/e?

In a large group of enemies, for example 6 Cavaliers, there should be like 1-2 slayer weapons. Consider strategic placement, like putting horseslayers/bows/wind swords near faraway villages to make it harder to rush to them.

- Swords. Damn I forgot what I'd want to do with these. They definitely need compensation for no 2 range IMO, but I think Bow buff is pushing it. Would anyone agree to Sword buff too?

FE10 had it down almost perfectly: bows have an 1-range option, but it sucks against anything they're not effective against. Swords have some 2-range options, but until part 4 they all suck too much to hurt anything but mages. However, FEDS took it too far. I think swords having less mt and lesser 1-2 range is a good case for them having more slayer flexibility.

- Monster weapons, I decided what I'd try to do. Mauthe Dog and such will probably remain unchanged, but maybe I'll make them more Myrmidion-esque and make HellHound have +15% Crit upon promotion (or just give the Fangs 15 base crit).

So basically they become swordmasters. Works.

The Spiders... hm... perhaps Claws / Fangs that put you to Sleep, making the Restore staff more useful?

I'm not sure if the sleep effect is on weapons in this game. I only recall things like halving HP (Eclipse), leeching HP (Nosferatu), being effective on things, etc.

Gorgons are pretty trolling as is, so might not want to bother with those.

If anything these should be nerfed.

GJ's idea of having them heal might be a cool concet, of course animation wouldn't work there, heh.

Actually, healing animations work on any magic using class, iirc.

DracoZombies will just appear in more chapters to be the new Mamkutes.

Might want to use Myrrh's Mamkute class among enemies as well.

Oh, who wants Great Shield Cyclops?

No thanks.

Calleach has FE6 crit bonus

I don't think this can be done without also making every other crit class get that crit bonus. Unless you modify his weapon crit, but then anything with that weapon gets that much crit.

29FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:05 am

Colonel M

Colonel M

Hm, Leeching could work if Sleep isn't possible. Might make the claws not so powerful if they have Nosferatu effect though. Eclipse, fuck that. Durahm (or w/e it's called) was ridiculous with all but 1 HP cut. I'll definitely pass on Big Shield Cyclops. I could allow Swords to have their slayer flexibility on full while the other two weapon types only have 1 or 2 options, and nerfing the Mt on the ranged weapons could be feesible. I guess I'm just curious as to why to add the Myrrh Mamkute? Wouldn't they be a little easier than the DracoZombies consid- maybe hers can join in the beginning and just cut the bow weakness, then at a certain point just add DracoZombies.

For Calleach, don't worry. He's likely getting a Master Axe and Valter getting a Master Lance.
If anything these should be nerfed.
I'm assuming it has something to do with Stone and Shadowshot...

30FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:28 pm

Paperblade

You could give Caellach (or any other specific unit) the crit bonus and no one else in Hero class, but it would be the same crit bonus all other crit characters get.

Character Editor -> Character Ability 1 -> 0x40

That's Critical. I don't know if it stacks with the +15 crit from the class (if it does, you could use a dummy class to give Caellach a "special" Hero class that has a crit boost)

31FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:14 am

Colonel M

Colonel M

I think for now what I'll do is make the Master Lance / Master Axe, edit the Swords and Bows a little bit, and just add the Silvers / Braves / A tomes first to see what happens. I'll decide what to do after that.

32FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:46 am

Grandjackal

Grandjackal

Was gonna suggest that Calleach get his own personal Prf weapon, btu it seems you guys handled that already.

As for other ideas...

-Selena is a joke of a boss. Annoying only because of bolting. I suggest she be another that moves cause a horse unit with bolting that moves on her map would be HELL. You could also do something like give her a Body Ring (so it appears +2 on her con like she actually has used one), and give her Fimbulvetr, so it's another option with Elfire no longer weighing her down by lol4 (of which would mean to make her more vulnerable, you'd need her to whip out Fimbulvetr, or catch her still with Bolting).

-Orson. He has dual A rank, and I recall him having a decent weapon set. Either way, could be improved on. Silver Sword and Lance, Spear, Horseslayer, Elixer/Hoplon Guard?

-Lyon needs something, and I suggest we go classic. Naglfar cuts the damage you would do normally in half...Actually, can you even do that? If not...Eh, give him some staffs. How often you see Berserk in this game?

-If any boss in this game doesn't need a boost, it's Reiv. You could be cruel and give him S rank light for the crit and hit bonuses...Minor, but still pretty evil on this dude.

-Demon King is simple, just remove slayer effect from the legend weapons on him.

Anyways, this sounds like a hack I'd love to play. FE8 Merciless Mode sounds like tons of fun only in the fact that you actually HAVE to play the game rather than just lolwarpskip. Last Hope is gonna be so much FUN!

33FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:22 am

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

-Orson. He has dual A rank, and I recall him having a decent weapon set. Either way, could be improved on. Silver Sword and Lance, Spear, Horseslayer, Elixer/Hoplon Guard?

Putting a ton of weapons on a boss doesn't help much because they can only equip one at a time, and if you kill them in 1-2 turns they only get to switch once. I do think he should have Horseslayer in his inventory just to mess with Seth.

-Lyon needs something, and I suggest we go classic. Naglfar cuts the damage you would do normally in half...Actually, can you even do that?

Not possible without much more advanced hacks.

-If any boss in this game doesn't need a boost, it's Reiv. You could be cruel and give him S rank light for the crit and hit bonuses...Minor, but still pretty evil on this dude.

He already has S Light.

34FE8 H5 Ideas Empty Re: FE8 H5 Ideas Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:25 am

Grandjackal

Grandjackal

Mekkah wrote:
Putting a ton of weapons on a boss doesn't help much because they can only equip one at a time, and if you kill them in 1-2 turns they only get to switch once. I do think he should have Horseslayer in his inventory just to mess with Seth.

Good point good point. Still, what could make Orson something other than buffed paladin on throne? He seems sort of screwed in that regard.

Not possible without much more advanced hacks.

Right right, just give him staffs then I guess.

He already has S Light.

*Headdesk*

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum