Fire Emblem Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fire Emblem Genesis

screw playing, i want to argue about it on the internet

You are not connected. Please login or register

Briggid

+2
Grandjackal
ChaosNinji
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Briggid Empty Briggid Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:31 pm

ChaosNinji

ChaosNinji

Briggid. What's keeping her above Ayra, or Cuan and Fury, for that matter?

Ayra has a 2 1/2 chapter lead on Briggid, and she has some of the best offense on the team. For reference, even if she doesn't ORKO, she has a 16% chance of killing basically everything in the game at base level, and she doubles basically everything, which boosts that. 60% growth ensures that will stay high, and then she gets Continue on promotion, and it's Game Over for the enemies.

Yes, she has 6 move, but so does Briggid. Ayra has an enemy phase, which matters a lot when enemies are normally clumped together.

Durability is always brought up when Ayra is discussed. Yeah, Briggid will never die, but Ayra's not exactly easily kill-able, either. She's basically invincible in Chapter 1 and the end of Chapter 3, so I don't need to bother with those, do I?

In Chapter 2, assuming she arena'd and killed some bandits in Chapter 1 for 4~ levels, she has 34.8 HP, 7.8 defense, and 39 avoid.

Elliot's Lance Knights have 77 hit on her and 3RKO her.
Elliot's Axe Knights have 27 hit on her and 3RKO her.

Phillip's Axe Armors have 25 hit on her and 3RKO her.
Phillip's Sword Armors have 55 hit hit on her and 4RKO her.
Phillip's Lance Armors have 75 hit on her and 3RKO her.
The Ballistae with them have 27 hit on her and 4RKO her.

Heirhein's castle guards have 55 hit on her and 3RKO her.

Amphony's Sword Armors have 59 hit on her and just BARELY 3RKO her. If she procs an extra defense, which is entirely possible since it's only .2 off, she is 4RKO'd.
Amphony's Axe Armors have 28 hit on her and just barely 2RKO her. An HP or Defense proc makes it a 3RKO.
Amphony's Bow Armors have 49 hit on her and 3RKO her.

Free Knights have 57 hit on her and 5(!)RKO her.

McKeily Sword Fighters have 67 hit on her and 3RKO her.
McKeily Bow Fighters have 57 hit on her and 3RKO her.
McKeily Fire Mages have 67 hit on her and 2RKO her.
McKeily Ballistae have 27 hit on her and 4RKO her.

The Augusty Lance Knights that charge you after McKeily have 79 hit on her and 3RKO her.

The Augusty Armors have 57 hit on her and 2RKO her, again, just BARELY. An HP or Defense proc makes them 3RKO her.

Zain's Bow Knights have 47 hit on her and 3RKO her.
Zain's Axe Knights have 29 hit on her and 3RKO her.
Zain's Lance Knight's have 79 hit on her and 3RKO her.
Zain's Troubadours have 69 hit on her and 5RKO her.

Augusty's Ballistae have 23 hit on her and 4RKO her.

And this is one of her worst chapters.

I just can't see admittedly ORKOing everything for 2 1/5~ a chapter > Enemy phase and a 2 1/2 chapter lead, especially when the offensive "win" is entirely superfluous when Ayra already ORKOs, well, everything.

I'll address Cuan and Fury > Briggid, and then other things like Lachesis needing to drop a lot in the future.

2Briggid Empty Re: Briggid Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:39 pm

Grandjackal

Grandjackal

To add to Bridget's need of dropping, most of your team is not having problems offensively aside from crap units like Alec. Her chipping things isn't exactly of a great boon (what good is Bridget's offense when Midir with a brave bow can kill just as well?). By the time we would actually have problems killing a boss, Levin gets Holsety and proves every future boss is not a problem. Then ask yourself who's better to go against Leptor, her or Levin?

Basically her offense is only player phase in a portion where not many people are having trouble killing things, and what boss slayer utility she would have is severely downplayed by the fact that bosses are not as big a problem as they are in Gen 2.

3Briggid Empty Re: Briggid Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:41 am

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

I don't think Brigid shouldn't even be a tier up on Fin, I think. So that means:

UpMid:
Midir
Jamka
Briggid <- from here
Ayra
Ethlin
Lachesis
Cuan
Fury

LoMid:
Brigid <- to here
Fin
Alec
Beowulf
Noish
Adeen
Dew
Claude

https://fegenesis.forummotion.com

4Briggid Empty Re: Briggid Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:44 am

Grandjackal

Grandjackal

Personally, I feel Fin could go above her simply for starting to be pretty good in chapter 1 just by taking Cuan's steel lance, but it seems about right. No way in hell is she falling below Alec of all people.

5Briggid Empty Re: Briggid Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:44 am

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

She can be argued below Alec. It's not solid as rock, but we're talking about a dude with about twice as much availability, a mount and an enemy phase.

https://fegenesis.forummotion.com

6Briggid Empty Re: Briggid Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:02 am

sPortsman

sPortsman

People don't want Fin to move up a tier, so that seems like the best option.

If Fin does move up in the future though, imho he should take Brigid with him.

7Briggid Empty Re: Briggid Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:48 am

ChaosNinji

ChaosNinji

Speaking of Ayra, what's keeping Holyn an entire tier above her, exactly?

I seem to recall a debate taking place on SF that showed they were basically the same. I'll try to find it.

8Briggid Empty Re: Briggid Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:58 am

Allan Aokage

ChaosNinji wrote:Speaking of Ayra, what's keeping Holyn an entire tier above her, exactly?

I seem to recall a debate taking place on SF that showed they were basically the same. I'll try to find it.
I'd imagine it has something to with durability. They both curbstomp any enemy who fights them if their skill activates, but Holyn won't get killed by the next enemy or two on the enemy phase.

9Briggid Empty Re: Briggid Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:15 am

ChaosNinji

ChaosNinji

Seems it disappeared along with half of the other topics when the forums crashed.

Allan Aokage wrote:
I'd imagine it has something to with durability. They both curbstomp any enemy who fights them if their skill activates, but Holyn won't get killed by the next enemy or two on the enemy phase.

I don't think getting 3-4RKO'd by everything relative to getting 4-5RKO'd by everything with basically the same offense constitutes an entire tier. Yeah, Holyn has a 40% higher HP growth, but I rather doubt it has a huge impact. By the time it actually matters, they're both probably invincible, anyway.

10Briggid Empty Re: Briggid Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:46 am

FE3_Player

FE3_Player

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=16159&view=findpost&p=532568

This post is in response to Aira fanboyism, but you can see that there isn't a huge gap assuming the displayed hit is 50%/45% (it's not based on any sort of enemy stats). I, too, do not see the characters separated from each other, much less an entire tier + tier gap.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]