Fire Emblem Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fire Emblem Genesis

screw playing, i want to argue about it on the internet

You are not connected. Please login or register

useful IRC shit

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1useful IRC shit Empty useful IRC shit Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:27 am

jumpluff

jumpluff

So for those of you who have been on irc (come and join us! irc.synirc.net #feto), I figure this stuff could be useful...!

How to Get on IRC
This tutorial configures mIRC, I don't care about mibbit and will add chatzilla maybe later... On a Mac, you can use a program named Colloquy for one.

You need to download a program called mIRC. Windows only (you can run it in WINE with a few glitches, I think, you'll need to look that up yourself xD). It's free, but 1-2 nag screens come up. If that bothers you, torrent it and crack it. Anyway, install it blah blah blah, then run it. Put whatever details in that you want, put your nickname in Nick, and put an alternate name in Alternate Nick in case someone's using your nick. Then type /server irc.synirc.net, and when you're connected, /join #feto.

How to Register Your Nick
You have to be using the nick.

Type this:

/ns register password email

Then log into your email and c/p the stuff the confirmation email tells you to.

If you wanted to register a second nick, you can group it with your nick by getting on the nick then /ns group mainnickname password.

How to Log into Your Nick So that ChanServ Remembers Your Ops
While using the nick, /ns identify password. Your nick drops if you don't log into it for 30? 35? days. Around that.

How to Automatically Identify
If you're using mIRC, Tools > Options. On the side, Connect > Options and click Perform. Check the ticky box (enable blah blah) and type in the typing box any commands you want to use (i.e. /ns identify password).

How to Automatically Join #feto
If you're using mIRC (yeah I don't use chatzilla so I haven't figured it out yet!), you can just type something like this in perform:

Code:
/ns identify password | /join #feto

Or else you can Favourites > Organise Favourites, enable join on connect (and probably uncheck 'pop up on connect', the favourites box popping up is irritating), add, #feto and in the options part of the subsequent window select join on connect.

How to Join When You're Kicked
As long as you weren't banned, you can go into Tools > Options. On the left, IRC, then there are a shitload of ticky boxes. Enable 'rejoin channel when kicked'.

How to Keep Logs
If this isn't enabled, Tools > Options > Logging > Automatically log: Both.

Stop mIRC Minimising to Tray
Tools > Options > Display > Options > Windows > deselect 'Minimise mIRC on close'.

How to Open a PM Window with Someone
/query USER or /msg USER insertmessage

Hope that helps, if I think of more I'll add it~

http://shaym.in

2useful IRC shit Empty Re: useful IRC shit Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:57 am

ardan

good work user jumpluff

have a couple of questions though, so yeah

1. how did you make the purple text eg. * @FE3_Player made the dumbest mistake that caused a game over.
hopefully you know what I'm talking about!

2. what on is highlighting exactly?

3useful IRC shit Empty Re: useful IRC shit Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:09 am

FE3_Player

FE3_Player

/me made the dumbest mistake that caused a game over.

4useful IRC shit Empty Re: useful IRC shit Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:55 am

jumpluff

jumpluff

ardan wrote:good work user jumpluff

have a couple of questions though, so yeah

1. how did you make the purple text eg. * @FE3_Player made the dumbest mistake that caused a game over.
hopefully you know what I'm talking about!

2. what on is highlighting exactly?
1. What Rody said

2. Highlighting makes a noise (if you want) / colours the line and channel name when someone says a word that's on your highlight, so you can add yourself to it. Alt+B > Highlight > Add and type in the word you want, pick a colour for the line, and you can change the noise if you so desire. You can use wildcards (e.g. *Mekkah*) or $me, which means whenever anyone says the nick you're on at the time they say it, you'll get highlighted.

5useful IRC shit Empty Re: useful IRC shit Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:24 pm

ardan

ps. how do you invite people to channels?

6useful IRC shit Empty Re: useful IRC shit Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:07 pm

jumpluff

jumpluff

/invite user #channel

you can invite yourself if you have aops by /cs invite #channel

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum