Fire Emblem Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fire Emblem Genesis

screw playing, i want to argue about it on the internet

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lots of FE2 stuff

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lots of FE2 stuff Empty Lots of FE2 stuff Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:53 pm

cheetah7071

This all got covered on IRC, but here's a repost as both a reminder and for people who aren't on IRC to see.

Claire needs to drop. sucky duirability, Sucky damage. Flier utility doesn't exist in this game. Falcon Knight is cool and all, except Celica stole all of Alm's monsters. I'd put her around the upper part of mid tier.

Cleive needs to climb. Over Cliff at least.

Force and Luka both need to skyrocket up. Armor Knight bases are incredibly sexy. Just promote them once and watch them take one damage from half the enemies.

Ryuto needs to crawl out of bottom tier. Excalibur is a very sexy spell.

Valbo can ride the armor train straight into high tier.

Boey two tiers below Jenny is lol. He needs to climb about a tier.

2Lots of FE2 stuff Empty Re: Lots of FE2 stuff Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:34 pm

Brighton

cheetah7071 wrote:
Claire needs to drop. sucky duirability, Sucky damage. Flier utility doesn't exist in this game. Falcon Knight is cool and all, except Celica stole all of Alm's monsters. I'd put her around the upper part of mid tier.
Falcon knight has base 12 defense and 15 att (basically armour knight). She joins early enough and is able to ignore terrain

cheetah7071 wrote:
Cleive needs to climb. Over Cliff at least.
Why?

cheetah7071 wrote:
Force and Luka both need to skyrocket up. Armor Knight bases are incredibly sexy. Just promote them once and watch them take one damage from half the enemies.
ironically you said that Claire had crappy durability >.>

Ryuto needs to crawl out of bottom tier. Excalibur is a very sexy spell.

Valbo can ride the armor train straight into high tier.
It is very ironic that classes in this game that are usually terribad (armors, archers, peg knights) are actually some of the best >.<

Boey two tiers below Jenny is lol. He needs to climb about a tier
Jenny is the only one who can heal for a LLLOOOOOONNNNGGGGG time in Cecila's story so... Bowy has problems doubling I think too.

3Lots of FE2 stuff Empty Re: Lots of FE2 stuff Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:15 pm

Grandjackal

Grandjackal

[quote="Brighton"]
cheetah7071 wrote:
Falcon knight has base 12 defense and 15 att (basically armour knight). She joins early enough and is able to ignore terrain

What terrain? Celica's the one who's worse off in that sense. I think the only time terrain is heavy in Alm's parts is the chapter you save Matilda, and I'd hardly consider her flying alone into that hornet nest a sound strategy.

cheetah7071 wrote:
Why?

I'm going to go ahead and guess mobility or something, but I'm confused on that issue too.

cheetah7071 wrote:
ironically you said that Claire had crappy durability >.>

Hers certainly starts crap.

Rest seems fair questions.

4Lots of FE2 stuff Empty Re: Lots of FE2 stuff Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:26 pm

sPortsman

sPortsman

Mobility for Clebe, indeed. And very good/awesome bases, and solid growths (for FE2) to ensure he stays Solid.

Also, Claire has to wait until 12 to promote. As awesome as Falco bases are, she needs to maintain a good deal of suck before she can access them. Compare that to Luka who can cop out to armor...say, very shortly after she joins?

5Lots of FE2 stuff Empty Re: Lots of FE2 stuff Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:21 am

cheetah7071

Also has 40 hp. Falcon Knight is almost certainly the best class in the game.

Still, Claire is pretty bad until she promotes. 20 hp/4 def is not good durability, and 20/10 growths are bad even by FE2 standards. 8 str/30 growth is fine I guess.

Still, on top of the already mediocre defense she's being doubled by the mercenary chain of classes basically forever (40 speed growth is excellent but a 7 base compared to level 1 mercs having 10 speed and 50% enemy growths), as well as some other enemies like gargoyles.

Looking at it, Matilda is basically strictly better to her before she promotes, meaning a pretty big advantage up until late chapter 3 or early chapter 4.

Why?

Never mind. Taking a closer look at Cliff, he's rather nice.

Jenny is the only one who can heal for a LLLOOOOOONNNNGGGGG time in Cecila's story so... Bowy has problems doubling I think too.

Note I'm not saying Boey>Jenny. But Boey has perfect availibility and much better offense than Jenny, and you get additional healers when Celika hits level 9 (somewhere in chapter 3) and when Norma joins (beginning of chapter 4).

Perhaps the more apt comparison is Boey vs May. May has a 3-point spd advantage, but Boey has better durability, both in growths and bases, and their spellsets are the same for a very long time. Again, not saying Boey>May, but a two tier difference is just lol.

6Lots of FE2 stuff Empty Re: Lots of FE2 stuff Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:22 am

Brighton

Also has 40 hp. Falcon Knight is almost certainly the best class in the game.

Still, Claire is pretty bad until she promotes. 20 hp/4 def is not good durability, and 20/10 growths are bad even by FE2 standards. 8 str/30 growth is fine I guess.

Still, on top of the already mediocre defense she's being doubled by the mercenary chain of classes basically forever (40 speed growth is excellent but a 7 base compared to level 1 mercs having 10 speed and 50% enemy growths), as well as some other enemies like gargoyles.

Looking at it, Matilda is basically strictly better to her before she promotes, meaning a pretty big advantage up until late chapter 3 or early chapter 4.

If you really are promoting units this late, you might as well bring Paola and Katua down a bit too. You are kinda forced to train units in this game too so I'm having trouble seeing this to be true.

Note I'm not saying Boey>Jenny. But Boey has perfect availibility and much better offense than Jenny, and you get additional healers when Celika hits level 9 (somewhere in chapter 3) and when Norma joins (beginning of chapter 4).

Perhaps the more apt comparison is Boey vs May. May has a 3-point spd advantage, but Boey has better durability, both in growths and bases, and their spellsets are the same for a very long time. Again, not saying Boey>May, but a two tier difference is just lol.

Neither has great durability when they are stuck as mages. The three points allows May to double while Boey can't. This makes it much harder to level him up due to being forced to finish off enemies to gain him levels. Thunder will not be until level 3, but mages seem to level really slowly in this game. Tomes also weigh him and everyone down, so while his speed growth fails, and he continues to be unable to double he falls further behind?

While it is obvious Jenny has the worst offense of the group, she provides utility in the forms of libro, messiah, and healing until Boey/May/Sonia promotes and Cecila reaches level 9.

7Lots of FE2 stuff Empty Re: Lots of FE2 stuff Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:02 pm

cheetah7071

If you really are promoting units this late, you might as well bring Paola and Katua down a bit too. You are kinda forced to train units in this game too so I'm having trouble seeing this to be true.

I'm assuming no grinding here for what that's worth. If grinding is going to be assumed, Claire's position is fine.

Palla and Catria have significantly better bases than Claire, and compare favorably in growths as well (Palla's 10% speed growth being the main spot where they compare unfavorably). Palla in particular is going to be promoting earlier than Claire, especially since iirc Celica stole all of Alm's terrain worth flying over. Celica's route also has a lot more monsters, so Falcon Knight is for her not just a really good class, but THE class, the class to end all classes.

Neither has great durability when they are stuck as mages. The three points allows May to double while Boey can't. This makes it much harder to level him up due to being forced to finish off enemies to gain him levels. Thunder will not be until level 3, but mages seem to level really slowly in this game. Tomes also weigh him and everyone down, so while his speed growth fails, and he continues to be unable to double he falls further behind?

While it is obvious Jenny has the worst offense of the group, she provides utility in the forms of libro, messiah, and healing until Boey/May/Sonia promotes and Cecila reaches level 9.

Again, not claiming Boey > them, just trying to point out that a two tier difference is lol.

8Lots of FE2 stuff Empty Re: Lots of FE2 stuff Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:12 pm

Grandjackal

Grandjackal

In defense, you have many ways to combat monsters in Celica's team as well. Holy Sword, whoever's got the Angel spell (Celica, I believe one of her preists gets it, Sonia), and generally you can cut through some of the weaker end monsters with basic magic, then consider the pegasi have to promote first to get this special ability.

9Lots of FE2 stuff Empty Re: Lots of FE2 stuff Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:37 pm

cheetah7071

Grandjackal wrote:In defense, you have many ways to combat monsters in Celica's team as well. Holy Sword, whoever's got the Angel spell (Celica, I believe one of her preists gets it, Sonia), and generally you can cut through some of the weaker end monsters with basic magic, then consider the pegasi have to promote first to get this special ability.

Palla and Catria aren't tiered solely based on monsters. Celica's route is full of unfortunate terrain, from the deserts in c3 to the swamps in c4. And post-promotion, they'll certainly have better stats than any of your other monsterkillers, because of the sexy sexy sexy falcon knight bases.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum