Fire Emblem Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fire Emblem Genesis

screw playing, i want to argue about it on the internet

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bronze weapons, and their possible use.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bronze weapons, and their possible use. Empty Bronze weapons, and their possible use. Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:07 pm

Grandjackal

Grandjackal

Basically the last few topics have sparked this question in my head. Yes, it's credential to the jeigen themselves that they are able to murder whoever they touch.

HOWEVER!

These jeigens are quite unlike other jeigens, who slowly slow down. These guys seem to keep at it till they either A. Dissapear, or B. Enter a new part where their usefulness drops like a bag of hammers, making the decline in performance nearly a straight line downwards. Even Zihark at best is claiming "I'm sort of Eddie" in part 3.

So while the jeigens can kill and such, would it not be wiser to let them jeigen it out instead? After all, it's the principle of having 1 subpar guy but having a few turns shaved off, or a whole team of pretty good guys, who in turn might not shave turns off, but overall make the game easier later on.

It's assumed the killing happens instead, but why kill when the end result is subpar? Yeah yeah, we got some god mode units from the GM, but would a god moder have an easier time working if it's distractions are dealt with using a whole team? I would say yes.

Just seems sort of silly.

How best to do this? Bronze of course. Sothe's able, Zihark's able, I'm sure various GMs don't have the longest lifespan...Even the Black Knight has his ways in 1-E and 3-6.

Another thought I had concerned the CRK. Remember the chapter with all the tier 1s? Well, perhaps bronze can do them favors. Won't kill, but still nets them exp in chipping. This maximizes BEXP and CEXP, as it's not like you'd gain much from a kill here.

So, any other time one can think of when such utility could be of a boon to a character, or to their team in general?

Sorry I'm making many topics and this is already assumed, but consider me late to the party here, I'd just like to get more caught up to better understand what at times just seems like I missed a whole LOT of discussions that have already happened in some time in hte past where I wasn't around.

Vykan12

Vykan12

Another thought I had concerned the CRK. Remember the chapter with all the tier 1s? Well, perhaps bronze can do them favors. Won't kill, but still nets them exp in chipping. This maximizes BEXP and CEXP, as it's not like you'd gain much from a kill here.

What would be the point of that? Tier 1s are giving single digit exp, so unless you intend to raise every CK on the map for long term use, you're wasting your time. Besides, Geoffrey can ORKO most of the tier 1s with bronzes, and I'd imagine the other units follow suit pretty well.

Now let me give you some advice about topic making. There needs to be a clear purpose that involves some concrete change in character positions. If Sothe is purposely setting up kills for other DBs, what effect do you think that will have on the list? You could assume something like Nolan's kill exp doubles while his atk exp halves, and see the effect that has by the time we reach part 4 (presumably jeigan-ing will help all DB roughly equally, so the comparison is only relevant to other armies).

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum