Fire Emblem Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fire Emblem Genesis

screw playing, i want to argue about it on the internet

You are not connected. Please login or register

Linda

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Linda Empty Linda Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:37 am

Narga_Rocks

Narga_Rocks

So, how much enemy phase action does Tinny[Levin] get? My reason for asking this is:

Linda starts with A Thunder. Tinny[Levin] starts with C Thunder, B Wind, C Fire.

Linda starts with 11 magic.
Tinny[Levin] starts with 9 magic.

Linda has a 40% mag growth.
Tinny[Levin] has a 35% mag growth.

Linda has Elite and both have Wrath.

Tinny[Levin] gets Continue and Critical in comparison to Elite and higher magic (much higher magic considering Elite).

I'm pretty sure that once in wrath mode Tinny[Levin] will miss out on some OHKOs with her 23 mt start with Elwind. 46 mt on the crit. Linda starts with 31 mt for 62 mt with Tron.

So since Linda OHKOs almost everything, and Tinny[Levin] does not, at least for a while, I'd have to think for Tinny[Levin] to be above Linda that it is either a hit rate issue or Tinny gets more enemy phase (since Linda's other stats do suck quite severely and she would not likely be able to handle the same enemy phase exposure).

Keep in mind, Linda also gets B staves earlier due to Elite, and her 40% skill growth and +1 skill base help to alleviate the difference in skill growths (Tinny[Levin] has 80% skill growth).

Her 90% hp growth compared to Tinny's 105% hit point growth is again helped by Elite. Though the starting deficit of 5hp might be too much to make up. Her speed is almost unsalvageable, I suppose, but it's not like either of them have Pursuit anyway. Her luck is atrocious, but her res is better and her def isn't all that much worse thanks to Elite. She'll never have anywhere near Tinny's avo, but everything else shouldn't be too bad considering the level lead.

And at the very least she gets exclusive use of Tron until either Amid or Leaf promote. Well, once she can get it from whoever kills Ishtor.

2Linda Empty Re: Linda Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:39 am

Mekkah

Mekkah
Admin

I think both get 2HKO'd by anything non-magical, so they shouldn't be allowed to face more than 1 enemy regardless of their avo, which is hard to do if they Wrath things to death. So Linda might as well be better.

https://fegenesis.forummotion.com

3Linda Empty Re: Linda Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:58 am

cheetah7071

Levin!Tinny gets tornado after promotion for what that's worth. I could still see it though, because elite is really nice.

4Linda Empty Re: Linda Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:49 am

sPortsman

sPortsman

What's preferable? Linda up, or Tinny down?

I know BeoPatty is the only unit in between them, but...

5Linda Empty Re: Linda Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:12 pm

Narga_Rocks

Narga_Rocks

cheetah7071 wrote:Levin!Tinny gets tornado after promotion for what that's worth. I could still see it though, because elite is really nice.

I don't know if that matters. It matters if you are willing to give Tinny the Pursuit Ring, I suppose, since she'll probably 2HKO just about everything (or will she?) with it. Aside from that, it just means that when she finally promotes she still loses mt since Linda is probably level 25+ by now thanks to Elite and has more magic even at the same level. If Tinny can OHKO everything with crits then they are even at this point. Well, actually Tinny's avo may hurt her since she's 2 or 3 HKOing without wrath active and she may just dodge on you preventing her from getting down to wrath range.

sPortsman wrote:What's preferable? Linda up, or Tinny down?

I know BeoPatty is the only unit in between them, but...

That's up to you.

6Linda Empty Re: Linda Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:15 pm

ThunderMan

ThunderMan

Er never mind. Linda over Tinny is definite and I think Tinny should go down since Patty has utility over her.

7Linda Empty Re: Linda Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:25 pm

Narga_Rocks

Narga_Rocks

Can Tinny ever stand on a mountain and get reliable Avo? Or is that not possible (not often enough to matter or not high enough avo even on a mountain)?

That's about the only thing I can think of to save her enemy phase and thus make her better than Linda, but she'll still leave things alive when she doesn't activate Critical or Continue. Or she's at "Chance to get hit = Chance to die" range if we want her Wrath active to guarantee kills. And she still starts with just 23 mt and no elite so I'm not sure she'll always OHKO even with a crit. And I doubt her initial ability to 2HKO so Continue might not KO anyway.

So, I was looking through events to make sure nothing screwed this up. I don't think it does, but Tinny[Levin] in chapter 10 gets +5 mag. Since Linda has a mag lead due to elite and higher starting magic and growth anyway, I don't think this ruins anything since Linda still has an advantage in chapter 8 and 9. She has a 3 point mag lead at promotion over Linda at promotion, and if she can maintain a level lead of 5 (staves should really help as of promotion, considering B rank and Elite) then she'll at least tie anyway.

Linda also gets a +3 mdf "secret event" in chapter 8, further cementing her mdf lead.

Last edited by Narga_Rocks on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

8Linda Empty Re: Linda Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:55 pm

ThunderMan

ThunderMan

Chapter 9 off the top of my head.

http://www.fireemblemwod.net/fe4/guia/cap9.htm

Look around the other maps.

9Linda Empty Re: Linda Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:05 pm

Narga_Rocks

Narga_Rocks

ThunderMan wrote:Chapter 9 off the top of my head.

http://www.fireemblemwod.net/fe4/guia/cap9.htm

Look around the other maps.

Yeah, it happens sometimes. I'm just wondering if

a) often enough to care
b) lets her face multiple enemies in high enough quantities that Linda cries because of the additional utility Tinny gets
c) gets her avo high enough that enemies are pulling at 0% hit (for safer wrathing)
d) if she doesn't get enemies down to 0%, does the ability to stand at full hp and probably not die but probably not kill more than half of what attacks her matter to us
e) does this outweigh earlier staff use and guaranteed OHKO of almost everything when Linda is at less than half hp, even from the moment she gets Tron

10Linda Empty Re: Linda Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:21 pm

ThunderMan

ThunderMan

Nope. It's obvious that Tinny needs babying and her MOV doesn't help so it's better for the Elite user.

11Linda Empty Re: Linda Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:29 pm

Narga_Rocks

Narga_Rocks

Yeah, 5 move isn't helping. They are basically clean up units thanks to that. I guess.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum