Fire Emblem Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fire Emblem Genesis

screw playing, i want to argue about it on the internet

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sanaki > Oliver

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sanaki > Oliver Empty Sanaki > Oliver Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:48 pm

Red Fox of Fire

Red Fox of Fire

The arguments posted by tehnikhil in the thread on SF.
Oh, and also, why is it that Oliver>Snacky? I know most people are like "staff use FTW" and all, and that was why Pelleas>Snacky for awhile, but since Oliver's only action will be in endgame, where you already have a forced staffer there anyways, doesn't that devalue him greatly? Is he even that good of a fighter? Snacky is, for one, forced for all her chapters, so she isn't taking anyone else's spot when fighting, and she works well as team with Siggy softening while she kills during 4-P/3. In 4-E, she may be majorly devaluded, but she still does just as much chip damage as Oliver will do.

It really seems that the main arguement for Oliver and snacky is this: 2 chapters of mediocrity vs. backup staff user.

1. That snacky/Siggy combo works for both of her chapters, and it really helps that neither are gimped by the sand.

2. In endgame, she will probably be picking off others' trash or making trash for others to pick off, but she may not be able to do this too much. As you said, she does this better than Oliver due to higher mag and better tomes.

3. One really can't consider Oliver's staff utility "unique" in any real sense. Often times, an extra staff user is brought into endgame anyways (usually Elincia, but there are 7 others+elincia, at least 6 of them which are perfect feasible), so it isn't like his staff using is irreplaceable. And, of course, we have mickey who won't spend her time fightign and instead be doign Oliver's job, but with more staff action and actual potential to be good. So... yeah, that is why I say Oliver down.

Thought I'd post it here in case anyone didn't see it there. I am in agreement.

2Sanaki > Oliver Empty Re: Sanaki > Oliver Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:56 pm

Magus

Magus

Yeah, I think so too.

3Sanaki > Oliver Empty Re: Sanaki > Oliver Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:12 pm

nflchamp

I'm not in disagreement with the argument, but is Oliver moving below Sanaki or Sanaki moving above Oliver with the argument?

4Sanaki > Oliver Empty Re: Sanaki > Oliver Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:06 pm

Colonel M

Colonel M

Sanaki should move up. I definitely agree with this.

5Sanaki > Oliver Empty Re: Sanaki > Oliver Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:20 am

Kirsche

Kirsche

Well, that would mean we have to decide her place against Astrid's (T). Personally, I can see the rise. The transfer means she can double all of 8 enemies in 2-3, and ORKO 1 of them. The rest of those she 2RKO's. She 2-4RKO's the rest. This is on a map where you shouldn't be killing things, however, so let's forgive her.

Giving her a level, we find her not doubling anything in 2-E, and what's worse, she's faced with multiple generals where she joins the map who she deals single digit damage to. Yay?

etcetera etcetera.

Giving her 8 levels, let's comapre her to Sanaki when they meet:

xx/10 Astrid with a forged silver bow, 'A' Marcia: 37.4 HP, 38.2 Atk, 20 AS, 71 avo +authority, 12.4 Def, 18 Res
xx/xx/1 Sanaki with Cymbeline: 28 HP, 46 Atk, 20 AS, 72 Avo, 10 Def, 28 Res

Astrid's durability is so fail she can't properly use her mobility to her advantage. And despite her losses in both HP and Def, Sanaki actually has a durability lead over Astrid. This is because Astrid attracts enemies like flies because she can't counter attack. Sanaki isn't like this.

Then, Sanaki does better chip damage. Astrid 3RKO's things, whereas Sanaki 2RKO's them. Sanaki also has Flare for Durability and for extra offence as with it she OHKO's most things on the map.

Sanaki Wins 4-P/1/2

Then it's desert time and Sanaki can use Blizzard/Purge/Meteor to hurt enemies from afar. Even after losing those weapons, she can run to the enemies and go one-on-one using Cymbeline, since she shouldn't die in one round. Astrid faces Desert/Swamp in 4-3/5 respectively, and struggles in 4-4 thanks to the ledges. Not to mention the high enemy density makes her durability stand out.

Sanaki wins 4-E-3/4/5

Then, Sanaki can Bolting Degh for bonus damage in 4-E-3 and double spirits with Bolting using Nasir + Ena in 4-E-4 and 4-E-5. Astrid can use these guys too, but that would slow down her progress and waste most of her movement. Then, 4-E-2 is a 1-2 turn chapter and shouldn't weigh much. Astrid wins 4-E-1, though. Remember that Sanaki doesn't take a unit slot however.

So...

- Astrid's performance pre-part 4 is nothing more than average.
- Sanaki is overall superier in 4-P/1/2.
- Sanaki is overall superier in 4-3/4/5
- Sanaki is better overall in 4-E.

Sanaki > Astrid (T).

6Sanaki > Oliver Empty Re: Sanaki > Oliver Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:06 am

Red Fox of Fire

Red Fox of Fire

It's been some time, no one has disagreed, and I did it on SF, so I'm doing it here as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum