Fire Emblem Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fire Emblem Genesis

screw playing, i want to argue about it on the internet

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gonzales > Marcus

+5
Grandjackal
Colonel M
Mekkah
sPortsman
Vykan12
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1Gonzales > Marcus - Page 2 Empty Gonzales > Marcus Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:10 pm

Vykan12

Vykan12

First topic message reminder :

First off, I'd like to point out that Gonzales thrives off an early promotion.

Gonzales lv 12/1 (killer axe): 53 hp, 33 atk, 100 hit, 66 crit, 16 AS, 11 def, 2 res, 41 avo

The only real reason to promote him later is to increase his AS, but he should be levelling ultra fast anyway, so it isn't a big deal. Now, comparison time:

Gonzales lv 12/1 (killer axe): 53 hp, 33 atk, 100 hit, 66 crit, 16 AS, 11 def, 2 res, 41 avo

Marcus lv --/7 (killer axe): 36 hp, 22 atk, 106 hit, 37 crit, 12.5 AS, 10 def, 9 res, 36 avo

This is a pretty absurd blowout, and the gaps are going to widen even more dramatically since Marcus' growths make Jeigan look good. The only thing I like about Marcus in this match-up is his accuracy lead through full WT control, and the mount, the first of which is more than compensated by the fact that Gonzales usually 1HKOes his enemies. I suppose he'd also be giving out supports earlier, but that's not going to clear a 17 hp or 11 atk gap.

I guess everything comes down to how much value we place on Marcus' earlygame, but I don't think it's so valuable that him barely being MVP in 5-8 chapters compensates for being beaten handedly the rest of the game by Gonzo.

51Gonzales > Marcus - Page 2 Empty Re: Gonzales > Marcus Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:24 pm

sPortsman

sPortsman

As long as we're talking about Sacae mode differences, dondon wanted Saul, Ellen, Cecilia, and Roy down too. Sacae Thany down too if that happens, I hardly need to explain why.

52Gonzales > Marcus - Page 2 Empty Re: Gonzales > Marcus Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:10 pm

IOS

IOS

Reikken posted this argument Gonzales>Lot in the serenes list awhile back. I pretty much agree with it, so here it is:
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14515&view=findpost&p=557857

53Gonzales > Marcus - Page 2 Empty Re: Gonzales > Marcus Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:33 am

sPortsman

sPortsman

This doesn't take into account Sacae route.

54Gonzales > Marcus - Page 2 Empty Re: Gonzales > Marcus Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:33 am

IOS

IOS

Read the bottom:

Gonzales is so fast that he may double even nomads, and though it's hard for him to hit twice, he likely OHKs with just one hit anyway. If he doubles something with 7 crit avo and 45 avo, his chance of successfully one-rounding with these stats is 86.6%. The only things with more avoid than that are things that are getting WTA on him. Even myrmidons he has a decent change of one-rounding, as they don't have that much more avoid. Change that avoid to 53 (43+10), and his chance of ORK is...77.2%. SPD + CRIT. He destroys everything. Except high avo bosses. He does need some hit to work with.

55Gonzales > Marcus - Page 2 Empty Re: Gonzales > Marcus Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:06 pm

Grandjackal

Grandjackal

IOS wrote:Read the bottom:

Gonzales is so fast that he may double even nomads, and though it's hard for him to hit twice, he likely OHKs with just one hit anyway. If he doubles something with 7 crit avo and 45 avo, his chance of successfully one-rounding with these stats is 86.6%. The only things with more avoid than that are things that are getting WTA on him. Even myrmidons he has a decent change of one-rounding, as they don't have that much more avoid. Change that avoid to 53 (43+10), and his chance of ORK is...77.2%. SPD + CRIT. He destroys everything. Except high avo bosses. He does need some hit to work with.

Man, I thought I hyped. How in the HELL is he OHKOing nomads and myrms?

56Gonzales > Marcus - Page 2 Empty Re: Gonzales > Marcus Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:43 pm

IOS

IOS

Critical. Read the post again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum