Fire Emblem Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fire Emblem Genesis

screw playing, i want to argue about it on the internet

You are not connected. Please login or register

Path of Radiance thread moderations

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Path of Radiance thread moderations Empty Path of Radiance thread moderations Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:51 pm

Vykan12

Vykan12

https://fegenesis.forummotion.com/path-of-radiance-f5/sandbag-mia-topic-t34.htm

This thread took over an hour to moderate, and I was skimming quite a few posts. Even after deleting over a dozen posts, and editing countless others that made fun of Smash, I'm sure that the implicit hostility is still there. Oh well.

I did notice that the arguments went in circles pretty early on. Face it, Smash and Int aren't on the same page, and never will be. I'm not sure why either side bothers, though with Int it's obviously to make wisecracks to make himself feel witty. As a result, your posts got by far the most modified to stay civil. I know Smash frustrates the hell out of you - and he even frustrates me by having so much difficulty to understand your perspective - but this is supposed to be an intelligent discussion forum, not some elaborate scheme to make someone look like a fool.

If any of you want to keep debating here, you're going to have to be respectful towards each other no matter how much you hate it.

Last edited by Vykan12 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total

2Path of Radiance thread moderations Empty Re: Path of Radiance thread moderations Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:09 pm

Narga_Rocks

Narga_Rocks

Actually, some posts I think are completely gone. I was proud of creating the only 100+ topic on this board. Now I'm sad. It's too late now, but I would have liked little symbols or something littered everywhere an "edit" happened. And any posts completely deleted I'd rather were left in (to preserve the 100+) but with just the symbol.

For future censorship, my suggestion is: study or albino or bom

Probably the last one is best. Or maybe this one Evil or Very Mad or this one Twisted Evil

Actually, this is probably the best Evil or Very Mad

It is saying "no" to our content.

study (just removed what you were quoting since that was what I deleted earlier)

3Path of Radiance thread moderations Empty Re: Path of Radiance thread moderations Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:17 pm

Vykan12

Vykan12

I have no problem with your content so long as it isn't offensive. You can bully Smash/Paperblade/whoever else you don't like on serenes all you want. BTW, I did edit their posts as well, it was just that their insults were far less frequent.

4Path of Radiance thread moderations Empty Re: Path of Radiance thread moderations Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:21 pm

Narga_Rocks

Narga_Rocks

Vykan12 wrote:I have no problem with your content so long as it isn't offensive. You can bully Smash/Paperblade/whoever else you don't like on serenes all you want.

I actually don't much mind the deletions. I take it Interceptor does, but I can deal (and he probably can too, I'd assume). I just wish there would have been little symbols to replace everything you deleted, and some kind of indication of where posts have been removed entirely (like posts that aside from a symbol are blank).

5Path of Radiance thread moderations Empty Re: Path of Radiance thread moderations Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:24 pm

Vykan12

Vykan12

Actually, this is probably the best Evil or Very Mad

It is saying "no" to our content.

Again, the meat of your posts are in tact. Anyone reading through this topic will know perfectly well what your stance is on the issues pertaining to debating this game.

I just wish there would have been little symbols to replace everything you deleted, and some kind of indication of where posts have been removed entirely (like posts that aside from a symbol are blank).

Sorry about that. There's not much I can do about this forum's crappy software though. I don't mind editing in the bookworm smilie into edited posts in the future at any rate.

6Path of Radiance thread moderations Empty Re: Path of Radiance thread moderations Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:31 pm

Interceptor

Interceptor

What about my entirely reasonable query?

study

7Path of Radiance thread moderations Empty Re: Path of Radiance thread moderations Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:34 pm

Vykan12

Vykan12

Interceptor wrote:What about my entirely reasonable query?

Not sure what you're talking about.

Last edited by Vykan12 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total

8Path of Radiance thread moderations Empty Re: Path of Radiance thread moderations Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:37 pm

Narga_Rocks

Narga_Rocks

Vykan12 wrote:
Interceptor wrote:What about my entirely reasonable query?

Not sure what you're talking about. Spell it out for me without being obnoxious.

I think his query was about the mod-post that he said would have been better as a PM to all involved. Not saying whether or not I agree, just I think that was his request. That is, to delete it.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Narga_Rocks on Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

9Path of Radiance thread moderations Empty Re: Path of Radiance thread moderations Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:47 pm

Vykan12

Vykan12

But by PM what do you mean? Send everyone participating this thread a warning? I still have to mod cynical posts that are irrelevant to the discussion regardless. I shouldn't have to send PMs either, as this is a forum specifically designed for intelligent discussion, not flame baiting.

I will admit there is a slight loophole I missed in Mekkah's rule topic.

Nonetheless, I request that you do not make personal attacks on anyone. You can attack their argumentation (or lack of it) all you want.

In some cases a personal attack and an attack on argumentation get intermingled, so it wasn't unclear what I should do. If the insult was relatively tame, I would probably let it go, otherwise I'd delete the sentence (or paragraph or wtv) anyway. I'll see what Mekkah thinks about this.

10Path of Radiance thread moderations Empty Re: Path of Radiance thread moderations Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:13 pm

Interceptor

Interceptor

I'll see what Mekkah thinks about this.

Sounds good. I'm pretty sure that this off-topic Vykan-created subthread will still exist when you return. Man, you're going to have a lot of posts to delete, I hope you don't mind.

study

11Path of Radiance thread moderations Empty Re: Path of Radiance thread moderations Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:15 pm

Narga_Rocks

Narga_Rocks

Interceptor wrote:The post specifically says "the two of us", and that's a dead giveaway who one person is (hint: it's me). I can identify the second person, but I don't want to spoil the surprise, so I'm willing to give you a series of clues, each more devious than the last.

I'll see what Mekkah thinks about this.

Sounds good. I'm pretty sure that this off-topic Vykan-created subthread will still exist when you return. Man, you're going to have a lot of posts to delete, I hope you don't mind.

The post specifically said ...

Past tense (it's gone).

Of course, it is still quoted in one of my posts.

I'm assuming "us" is either you and smash or you and me.

12Path of Radiance thread moderations Empty Re: Path of Radiance thread moderations Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:29 pm

Vykan12

Vykan12

Actually I'll ask him to take all the "moderator" discussion posts and toss them into a new thread in the questions + suggestions subforum.

Edit: In fact I can do it myself Smile

Last edited by Vykan12 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total

13Path of Radiance thread moderations Empty Re: Path of Radiance thread moderations Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:38 pm

Magus

Magus

Aw man. Reading Interceptor's posts were probably the best part of the tier lists.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum